I have been chatting with another about Annual Event !!

G

I must be a glutton for punishment ....

But the proposal is to make this an Annual Event. Possibly rotating venues or staying with Yarmouth ... as it has bad and good weather possibilities ....

So at present it is Yarmouth May Bank Holiday Weekend Annual YBW Meeting........

So who's in favour ??

Visit site
Sounds good. I'd be interested in the statistics: boats promised, how many got there and what types, not to mention increase in your blood pressure, hair-pulling, nail-biting etcet.

G

This event numbers FYI

Original meet total was 31 boats. 18 for Hayles, 13 for HM pontoons.

Of that 14 arrived at Hayles and a variable number at HM .... I estimate that possible max number that made it - even if left on sunday etc. ----- silly sods - missing the BBQ !! .... maybe 24 - 25.

It was surprising that the Sail part were the least represented and had most failed attendance. The MOBO's near all made it. Second that the smallest sail made it !! Sorry about that - but being second smallest sail-boat at 25ft .... was surprised that others didn't. Smallest arrival was ~20ft (MOBO) .... largest was 43ft MOBO. With all sorts inbetween.

During the Sunday BBQ ........ we were entertained by Air-Sea Rescue + Lifeboat drill ..... Tall ship under full tops and royals going through Solent ..... and GC1's humour !!

Talbot

Visit site
Re: This event numbers FYI

[ QUOTE ]
being second smallest sail-boat at 25ft .... was surprised that others didn't make it .

[/ QUOTE ]

Not everybody has a lorry engine to push them through the wind/waves!

G

Sails ......

Here is proof that they did get to see daylight ..... but had to drop them after furling gear barcket pulled of mast head .....>

Picture001.jpg

Cheeky b*****r !!

G

Re: Sails ......

cut & paste ?????

Malcb took the picture en-route to Newport on the Thursday .... if you look at the main near mast - you can see the loose line laying across the sail, which is the broken block etc.

G

Re: Sails ...... calm down ????

Now who said I was up in the air ??

Seriously - no problem !!!

G

Engine off ....

Yep - it was .... ask Malcb if you don't believe me ... but we put it back on when we realised furling gear was naffed and had to bring down the genny !!

G

Malcb ... steve\'s on a wind-up !!

It's an on-going wind-up !!

I have to admit though that engine does tend to stay on too long - especially when chasing tide to Newport .... as he knows !!

Well if I can get the spinny to play - should up her speed a bit ......