Hurley davits.

KINGFISHER 8

Visit site
Original post disappeared so I typed it again … odd! - now cancelled. Yes there'll be 2 or even 3 of us. I've asked a mate along to help so he can hang over the platform! My bendy bits don't work so well any more!

Bouba

Visit site
Ps. After you unbolt it, remove the bars carefully. They could be stuck down with age and rip off some of the wood if you are too forceful

Bouba

Visit site
They look great … my Hurley davits turned up today which was mighty quick from England! Don't suppose you can remember the size of the nuts on the Allen bolts fixing those hoops for the swim ladder? I'm afloat so will have to use a ratchet spanner. I agree those steps are monstrous. I've also got a big life-raft canister to put somewhere in its cradle! I've got 2 industrial size stainless cleats either side of the platform so if I want to swim, unlikely but the memsahib might, I've got a 3/4 step fender ladder in the garage somewhere so could use that.

The nuts are in the car, I’ll check the size later

Bouba

Visit site
Original post disappeared so I typed it again … odd! - now cancelled. Yes there'll be 2 or even 3 of us. I've asked a mate along to help so he can hang over the platform! My bendy bits don't work so well any more!
I used a 10mm spanner. I can’t recall if you are going to need a deep socket or not. A ring spanner will work if you are leaning over the side and someone else is undoing it with the Allen key. The swim platform lip does get in the way and the nuts did have a build up paint but they are not on too tight

Clancy Moped

Visit site
You tweaked my interest to have look at the Hurley davits, the first thing that came to mind was, who's going to be first to stub their toe?

KINGFISHER 8

Visit site
You tweaked my interest to have look at the Hurley davits, the first thing that came to mind was, who's going to be first to stub their toe?
Haha! … You can whip the davit off after you launch the dinghy ... if you want to - just a pip pin with a ring pull thingy to tug it with and there's a plastic cover which slides on where the davit came off so you don't stub your toes! They thought of everything! …...….............. Scala beat me to it!