"humble trident" Laurie II

zozal

Visit site
\"humble trident\" Laurie II

Bad news for Laurie II, she snapped her self steering gear about the half way point and has had to drop out. Mark is obviously gutted but reports that he is in france trying to make his way home.
Best of luck and fair winds to the rest of you. there is a giant azores courtesy flag waiting at the marina for "mark Waddams" if anyone wants to pick it up..I had already posted it when he dropped out. Free to a good home..just dont read the letter /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

dukes4monny

Visit site
Re: \"humble trident\" Laurie II

So sorry to hear that Mark has had to drop out.......I'm sure he's had a great adventure.
Can you let us know when he's likely to return...I for one would like to welcome him back to the Teign!

zozal

Visit site

he hopes to be back on saturday, James Wigram flew out to Brest to meet him last night, and they set of for the scilly isles this afternoon. Im sure he would love a welcoming comitee, I will try to give you more info as i get it

dukes4monny

Visit site

That's excellent news....sounds like he's having a nice consolation trip /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
If you can find out what time he 'expects' to be back, I'll pop down to say hello.......maybe even try and get out and meet him en-route.

Jake

N/A
www.jkcartoons.co.uk

Hi Zozal

That really is a shame - I was rooting for him! I must apologise for my remark about a 'humble' Trident. I speak as the owner of an equally humble Corri 21! I think Mark has embraced the spirit of Jester with an elderly, low-budget boat but a big sense of adventure and obviously a good sense of seamanship.

We would very much like to catch up with him when he gets back. We have him earmarked as one of the Jester Heroes for our wash-up feature in PBO. I had a good chat with him pre-departure, and I was really sorry he had so much grief over his engine.

'Humble', is meant in an inspirational way to others who have affordable boats and a hankering for voyaging. Laurie II shows it can be done!

Please pass my congratulations on to Mark for a splendid effort.

Jake K

zozal

Visit site

please be assured that I took no offence at the term "humble" rather I thought it quite a sweet epithet! after all the names Ive called that boat I dont think I could complain anyway! Its not easy when your husbands mistress is 24 foot long and your kids love her too!
I shall pass on your message, still vague on eta, failed to cross the channel last night, got blown back to brittany by the northerlies. now heading for geurnsey to try a different approach!

andlauer

Visit site

Bonjour Zozal
In a few years the kid will borrow dad's boat to sail the JC !
Le pire est a venir !
Eric /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

zozal

Visit site

Thats what scares me! and the cost of two more boats so they can all do it together! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

zozal

Visit site

9 am. Hes off star point, eta teignmouth 3pm. Hope you can make it!
Z

dukes4monny

Visit site

I will certainly try.........is he going straight to his mooring? Am I right that his mooring is on the Shaldon side below the bridge?

zozal

Visit site

have sent you a private message with mine and waddos phone numbers. He is back in mobile range! he is planning to tie on to the visitors pontoon, nice and close to the ship inn!
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Noddy

Visit site

For your info: I picked up the flag posted to Mark Waddams as I am the first one to lunge for a freebie.

Flag was very big so didn´t use it.

I gave the package to the guy who came to meet Mark as he was departing for home aboard China Moon with Tim. Should be with you in ..... a while.

Better luck next time Mark

Paul
Stingray