• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

IN ADDITION it seems that conspiracy theories are finding their way onto the forum. This is not the place for such content. Users who post it may find their access limited or permanently suspended. Please leave it where you find it.

How to make an outboard rest for pushpit?

Rogershaw

Me: Johannesburg South Africa Yacht: Richards Bay
You can buy a really nice solid teak one for less than £50 with all the fittings for 25mm tube that looks way better than most DIY jobs. These are typically 45mm thick so just you just need to fit a bit of 15mm hardwood or plastic to the inside of the transom along the lines suggested previously. Why you'd want to bolt a bit of manky plywood to an otherwise nice looking yacht I have no idea! :)
I have this one which is just over £50
Solid Teak Outboard Motor Bracket | Onward Marine Company
Alternatively make something like this youself if you have the time and tools
For 53 quid I would make you one from 316 stainless steel that would clamp onto 25 mm O/D guard rails in the same way or s mine are using 2 U bolts on a vertical or angled stanchion

doug748

Many thanks for all these ideas!
Crisp

Here's another:

21PushpiSmall.jpg

The black oblong thing was made with two bits of hardwood clamped together, a 20mm hole, drilled through the join with a flatbit and another coming up from underneath to meet it. It's held together with two nuts and bolts, in effect it's clamped over the pushpit and can't rotate or break.

I did it as a quick job, before a trip, about 15 years ago and there it still is. Drawback is you really need a bench drill to do it.