How to do a survival course?

GabrielTurner

Visit site
I want to do a survival course in which I learn how to use a lifejacket and immersion suit as I plan on taking an immersion suit next time I'm on a ship and want to improve my chances just in case. How should I best do one please? Thank you.

Bilgediver

Visit site
I want to do a survival course in which I learn how to use a lifejacket and immersion suit as I plan on taking an immersion suit next time I'm on a ship and want to improve my chances just in case. How should I best do one please? Thank you.
All crew members on ships require this training and there is nothing stopping you joining such a course. These are details of such courses in Glasgow however Google should be able to show you the nearest course for you. It is not expensive.

https://clydetrainingsolutions.com/...DiRIMERGUhqBnhjJeK_FbNzCnc2pgjlQaAiOSEALw_wcB

ashtead

Visit site
Get down to Cowes to say Red Ensign who do all sorts ofsuperyachtcourses or ask at the RNLI maybe for referrals as they do open their pool to others I believe not just crews of LB

Bilgediver

Visit site

Pye_End

Visit site

Google Sea Survival Course and your location and you will probably find something suitable. Might be worth asking the centre specifically over the immersion suit as it probably isn't something you will get to play with. On my course there were several who were due to start work on the cross channel ferries - ie it seems to be the same course as the RYA.

jamie N

Visit site
All crew members on ships require this training and there is nothing stopping you joining such a course. These are details of such courses in Glasgow however Google should be able to show you the nearest course for you. It is not expensive.

https://clydetrainingsolutions.com/course/stcw-updated-proficiency-personal-survival-techniques-pst/?ppc_keyword=stcw sea survival.&gclid=Cj0KCQiA8t2eBhDeARIsAAVEga3TMYD4AUlxAA6uri_itVwDiRIMERGUhqBnhjJeK_FbNzCnc2pgjlQaAiOSEALw_wcB
Good info. I did a refresher at Clyde, and it was as good as anywhere else that I've done one before, with the advantage of being next door to Golden Jubilee Hospital, which (by coincidence) was where my wife was an 'in patient' for the couple of days around when I was planning my refresher.
Not only is Golden Jubilee a 1st class Hospital being the centre of excellence for (one of) my wife's illness, but a very good Hotel as well. My wife was an in patient, not due to the severity of her illness, but because of our location in Scotland, 170 miles away, so it was esay to combine the 2 with my accommodation included, being my wife's carer!