Houses with moorings / long-term lease moorings in England.

jj42

Visit site
So in this new post-covid world I suddenly find myself with much more flexibility in where I live (more or less anywhere in England now) so I’m considering new ideas.

It’s not quite liveaboard but I would be interested in suggestions of places in England with houses which include a mooring (suitable for a motor boat, so coastal and not drying out). Two places I’ve found so far: Hythe Marina Village and Port Solent but I’d welcome other suggestions. I can’t find a way on Rightmove/zoopla to search for housing that includes moorings. Also curious if any forum members have experiences to share about those locations for live ability and boating, and suggestions of other places to look.

Alternatively, I would also be interested to pointers for any long-term leasehold or freehold moorings that are suitable for motor boats (all the long-term moorings that I’ve found so far are tidal and dry out so more suitable for Dutch barges).

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

C08

Visit site
The are apartments with a small private harbour in Christchurch to starboard of the Yacht Club. Also at the rear of the marina at Brighton just past the Yacht Broker.

MikeB.

Visit site
There are a few properties in Ocean Village with a mooring for sale (not all include a mooring) with a couple more going on in the next couple of weeks. There are only 93 properties with a mooring included in their lease. You could of course buy a property without a mooring and then negotiate with the Marina Manager for an annual berth.
Its a great place to live and keep a boat with many advantages over other marinas - but I am a bit biased ...

Last edited:

ashtead

Visit site
Maybe island harbour on iow or Maybe Wootton creek ? The quality island estate agents might help in your search there and it’s cheaper than some mainland locations suggested I suspect.

dpb

Visit site
Lots backing onto the water in Poole
True, but as far as I know the only ones where people keep boats year round on a walk ashore berth are in Moriconium Quay, the others being too exposed to weather and wake, or being to shallow to have boats on pontoons. Though there are a few people who have boat lifts on their pontoons to get round this.
When we looked into Moricomium some years back we found that the annual service charges for a place with a berth was was not much different to what our then annual berthing fees were.