• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

Horrible boat name !

papaver

Noticed an X-334 a couple of berths down from me in Kilrush, called "Jimmy Bum". Horrible name for a boat, apparently it's the nickname of the owner's deceased father. Strange

MartynG

I just remembered the worst of all
''So Long Suckers'' which was a large Sunseeker. Everyone thought the name to be quite offensive .
It has moved away , thankfully.

V1701

Would "Sha Ton" be marginally better or worse?

I think marginally worse but not quite sure why...

JumbleDuck

There's a country in Terry Pratchett's Discworld called Llamedos. It's sort of misty and bardic, with mines.
But landlocked. You have to look elsewhere - physically if not linguistically - for a sloeblack, slow, black, crowblack, fishingboat-bobbing sea.

Debenair

There was a big Hanse that called into Ipswich Haven a lot called “Posh Totty”, and the lock keeper used to take the rise something rotten. My favourites were Cirrhosis of the River( already mentioned) and” Kinda Lingers”......,..

Dutch01527

I sailed on a general cargo ship called Beaver Bank. It used to cause great hilarity when we visited the States.

A very nice motor boat at my yacht club is called AFTICA. Which stands for Another F******* Thing I Can’t Afford which I thought was rather clever.