Honda 2.3 carburettor

steve66

Visit site
I have a few Honda 2.3 carburettor carbs available. They originate from fresh water engines so minimal if any corrosion.
They are tested and in a good used condition
£45 each plus postage

Ian Barrett

Visit site
Hi Steve. My rather old Honda 2.3 ticks over (just), but stalls easily especially when gently feathering the throttle from tick over to edge onto the pontoon. Fine when under power. Do you think the carb needs work /cleaning / larger jet and, if so, would I be best buying another used off you or getting you to service the existing one? Thanks Ian

Ian Barrett

Visit site
Thanks for replying, Steve. Appreciate there could be lots of reasons that why I wondered if I should short cut the process by buying another off you that you know works ok? The outboard is a 2003 BF 2.3B. It wasn't used for many years before I got it. I'm no mechanic, but I changed the oils and the spark plug and it started without me touching the carb. Should I try a carb cleaner in the fuel first and just get out there and use it? Any advice for this amature is very welcome. Thanks Ian

Ian Barrett

Visit site
Thanks, Steve. In that case I need to take it to an expert like you who lives near me on the East Coast (Colchester). Thanks for all your help and I'll come back to you if I do need to buy a new carb.