Holms Race 2016

bitbaltic

sailingkarisma.wordpress.com
Did anybody else get around today?

Apparently we came 14th or 15th (not totally clear) out of sixteen finishers, but around 50 boats started, so I'll take that!! Really light winds and a huge swell coming round the islands, we very nearly packed it in once round steepholm after 2 hours drifting in zero wind, but the breeze finally filled in from the east (!) for a good thrash back to Portishead.

Birdseye

Visit site
Looking at the results Bitbaltic, you can award yourself the prize for the highest boredom threshold! :sleeping:

Are you now going to enter the Frostbite series? Its a lot of fun and pretty sociable. Cheap too, but dont mention that to DC

bitbaltic

sailingkarisma.wordpress.com
Looking at the results Bitbaltic, you can award yourself the prize for the highest boredom threshold! :sleeping:

Yes I think so.... I would have started the motor somewhere between Flatholm and Tail Patch were it not for my valiant crew.

Are you now going to enter the Frostbite series? Its a lot of fun and pretty sociable. Cheap too, but dont mention that to DC[/QUOTE]

Perhaps. It seems the missus has now got a taste for racing. However, she is also expecting, so I think I would run out of crew before the end of the series!

Birdseye

Visit site
Yes I think so.... I would have started the motor somewhere between Flatholm and Tail Patch were it not for my valiant crew.

Are you now going to enter the Frostbite series? Its a lot of fun and pretty sociable. Cheap too, but dont mention that to DC

Perhaps. It seems the missus has now got a taste for racing. However, she is also expecting, so I think I would run out of crew before the end of the series![/QUOTE]

You dont have to do the full series - I'm certainly not going to be able to do so this year. But your £25 fee gets you out sailing most Sunday mornings when you otherwise would be wasting time at home. Try it and I bet you become keen.