• Forum Contest

Enter here, for a chance to win an Ultimate Boat Bar from Carabarlife!

• UPDATED INFORMATION & ADVICE - PLEASE READ NOW

'I didn't know/I wasn't told' will not be a valid defence if you fail to comply and lose your access to the off-topic area, core topic areas, or the entire YBW forum as a result. Full details can be found here, please read before you proceed.

Holms Race 2016

bitbaltic

Did anybody else get around today?

Apparently we came 14th or 15th (not totally clear) out of sixteen finishers, but around 50 boats started, so I'll take that!! Really light winds and a huge swell coming round the islands, we very nearly packed it in once round steepholm after 2 hours drifting in zero wind, but the breeze finally filled in from the east (!) for a good thrash back to Portishead.

Birdseye

Looking at the results Bitbaltic, you can award yourself the prize for the highest boredom threshold! :sleeping:

Are you now going to enter the Frostbite series? Its a lot of fun and pretty sociable. Cheap too, but dont mention that to DC

bitbaltic

Looking at the results Bitbaltic, you can award yourself the prize for the highest boredom threshold! :sleeping:
Yes I think so.... I would have started the motor somewhere between Flatholm and Tail Patch were it not for my valiant crew.

Are you now going to enter the Frostbite series? Its a lot of fun and pretty sociable. Cheap too, but dont mention that to DC[/QUOTE]

Perhaps. It seems the missus has now got a taste for racing. However, she is also expecting, so I think I would run out of crew before the end of the series!

stownsend

SWMBO has given me a pass for Tuesday eves next year, just need to juggle all the other things on but could be interesting with two 301's !!!!

Birdseye

Yes I think so.... I would have started the motor somewhere between Flatholm and Tail Patch were it not for my valiant crew.

Are you now going to enter the Frostbite series? Its a lot of fun and pretty sociable. Cheap too, but dont mention that to DC
Perhaps. It seems the missus has now got a taste for racing. However, she is also expecting, so I think I would run out of crew before the end of the series![/QUOTE]

You dont have to do the full series - I'm certainly not going to be able to do so this year. But your £25 fee gets you out sailing most Sunday mornings when you otherwise would be wasting time at home. Try it and I bet you become keen.