Holiday soon with Sunsail in BVI's??

G

Holiday soon with Sunsail in BVI\'s??

Did you also receive Chris Gordon's letter and decide to Charter again in the BVI's.

Remember that he said Peter Cochran was there to strengthen customer service ?

Today they made 30 staff redundant at the Tortola base. I fail to see how they can improve service with about a quarter less staff.

I have e-mailed Mr. Gordon requesting that he confirm in writing my holiday will not be spoiled. I suggest you do the same!! He can be reached via sales@sunsail.com.

Anyone else worried?

lezgar

Visit site
Re: Holiday soon with Sunsail in BVI\'s??

I went this Jully to Greece with Sunsail and I had a lot of problems with the boat that I chartered.

davel

Visit site

Sunsail have just combined their operations with Stardust (I think that's their name). Both companies had bases in Tortolla so it's perhaps unsurprising that there have been some redundancies. Still, it'll be interesting to see if you percieve any degradation in service when you go. I was there earlier this year and had a fantastic time. It's a great place to sail.

tony_brighton

Visit site

Had a fabulous holiday there 10 months ago. There seemed to be a large number of people/employees hanging around whose function wasn't obvious so rationalising after buying Stardust seems OK. Whether 30 is the correct number? - not sure. I think it depends what sort of holiday you are on. If its a flotilla then you'll get a lead crew and engineer and only see the Sunsail base at the start and end so it shouldn't make a difference. If you are bareboating then you may expect to go back to Sunsail more often if you get problems with the boat.

It mainly depends on the boat you get assigned. Either way - you'll have great fun in the islands.