High water yesterday

johnalison

Visit site
I was in Fingrinhoe yesterday. I don't usually go at HW but was impressed with the view, the result of the Worm Moon apparently.

A couple of pictures from the reserve looking towards Pyefleet, taken from almost the same place, the second a couple of hours after the first.

colne 1.jpgcolne 2.jpg

pvb

Visit site
We had lunch on the boat yesterday at Shotley. At HW (1300) the water was very close to ground level around the lock. But the sun was shining and it was quite warm!

oldgit

Visit site
The barrier was shut.
For anybody that knows the little cafe near the entrance to Medway Bridge Marina, at HW you could not leave without wellies.
A few inches higher and some of the stuff blocked off in their For Sale yard would have floated.
Several cars flooded.

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
There was a slight negative surge yesterday, so it could have been more impressive/worrying.
+0.5m of surge at Harwich HW yesterday lunchtime.

So there was. :oops:

I was looking in the evening, and just read the then current figure. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Dan Tribe

Visit site
Was there a particularly low tide predicted for Saturday 14th. I don't have tide tables to hand so can't check. The pontoon at Burnham Sailing Club were dried out and dinghies couldn't launch for 2 hrs. Lots of mud and mussel banks visible.

Tradewinds

Visit site
Was there a particularly low tide predicted for Saturday 14th. I don't have tide tables to hand so can't check. The pontoon at Burnham Sailing Club were dried out and dinghies couldn't launch for 2 hrs. Lots of mud and mussel banks visible.
Happened to take a screenshot at Harwich at yesterday's LW cos it looked so low

Screenshot 2020-03-14 at 08.33.53.jpg

pavlosimou

Visit site
The barrier was shut.
For anybody that knows the little cafe near the entrance to Medway Bridge Marina, at HW you could not leave without wellies.
A few inches higher and some of the stuff blocked off in their For Sale yard would have floated.
Several cars flooded.
Are you in mbm Oldgit?
this is on the hard weds high tide. I was almost floating89615165_1541134912703059_6302972950509256704_n.jpg