Hi from Southampton

PhillM

Visit site
Re the Hamble, under 8metres is less than £700/ year if you can get a Harbour Master mooring. The waiting list for small boats is not very long, so worth putting your name down . Mine took only 6 months to come through. Join a club (RAF or Royal Southern) and you can use the Bosun service to get out to your boat, costs about £650. So for around £1200 you can get an al tide mooring and chauffer service (RSrnYC) 0800-2000 7 days a week in the summer. Oh and then you get all the other club rally's and services too.

HandyAndyO

Visit site
Re the Hamble, under 8metres is less than £700/ year if you can get a Harbour Master mooring. The waiting list for small boats is not very long, so worth putting your name down . Mine took only 6 months to come through. Join a club (RAF or Royal Southern) and you can use the Bosun service to get out to your boat, costs about £650. So for around £1200 you can get an al tide mooring and chauffer service (RSrnYC) 0800-2000 7 days a week in the summer. Oh and then you get all the other club rally's and services too.
Thanks Phil, that's some good info, I just can't decide if Hame or Itchen is best for me, decisions decisions ?

ST840

Visit site
Thanks Phil, that's some good info, I just can't decide if Hame or Itchen is best for me, decisions decisions ?
It really depends on how you are going to use your boat. If you just aim to potter around Southampton water , sight seeing or fishing then the Itchen would be good. If you want 24hr anytime access to the solent and the Isle of Wight, Beaulieu etc then I’d go to the Hamble. Go the cheaper option of the Itchen first, then if you decide you really like it and want to venture out further or even get a bigger boat, then move to Hamble!

chillee

Visit site
I've heard so many good things about Kemps so will be popping over at the weekend and taking a look as long as its allowed at the moment ?
While there i would highly recommend popping over to Southampton dry stack and chatting to the chaps about quayside as an alternative too.

HandyAndyO

Visit site
It really depends on how you are going to use your boat. If you just aim to potter around Southampton water , sight seeing or fishing then the Itchen would be good. If you want 24hr anytime access to the solent and the Isle of Wight, Beaulieu etc then I’d go to the Hamble. Go the cheaper option of the Itchen first, then if you decide you really like it and want to venture out further or even get a bigger boat, then move to Hamble!
I think that's a good plan, plus I do have a tidal mooring already in the Itchen so may as well use it for a bit