Hi from Southampton

ST840

Visit site
Ocean quay and Itchen marine are both lower cost and full ride access.
Itchen marine may be an option. As I recall though from when I was looking at moorings (7-8 years ago now though), ocean quay is only licensed for a specific (50) number of boats. So, they plumb for larger vessels to maximise the space. They could fit in a hell of a lot more vessels but because of the limit of hulls they prefer bigger boats. That may well have changed now though. ??‍♂️
There is always town quay too!

dancrane

Visit site
I'm mooring just off Bitterne Triangle behind the Vape shop...

Hell of a coincidence...first time in ten years, I was there beside the river on Sunday and took this...can you see your boat?

51100446465_5824cc656c_c.jpg

ST840

Visit site
Kemps I think it was, on the finger pontoon if I remember without checking the email
Good choice. Kemps is the best (cheap) marina on the Itchen. Still you are regulated by the tide though as they are all mud berths. Depends on how far down the main pontoon you opted for. Even the deep water ones at the end sit on the mud on a low spring.

chillee

Visit site
I would 2nd Kemps, spent a few years there with my previous boat. I then moved next door to Quayside Marina. It was cheaper than Kemps and they have power on the pontoons.
It's another no frills marina. It is actually part of Southampton Dry Stack on the opposite side of the river (up river slightly), great set of guys who run the dry stack and Quayside.
I was one boat back from the very end of the main walk ashore pontoon. From there I probably lost 1 hour either side of low tide. Have now crossed the river to the dry stack. But if I wanted a basic marina berth again I would go back to Quayside.

Prices at Kemps and Quayside are based on how far out into the river you want to sit.

HandyAndyO

Visit site
I would 2nd Kemps, spent a few years there with my previous boat. I then moved next door to Quayside Marina. It was cheaper than Kemps and they have power on the pontoons.
It's another no frills marina. It is actually part of Southampton Dry Stack on the opposite side of the river (up river slightly), great set of guys who run the dry stack and Quayside.
I was one boat back from the very end of the main walk ashore pontoon. From there I probably lost 1 hour either side of low tide. Have now crossed the river to the dry stack. But if I wanted a basic marina berth again I would go back to Quayside.

Prices at Kemps and Quayside are based on how far out into the river you want to sit.
Great info thanks, I think I'm probably gonna go with kemps but I am still getting emails with prices coming through slowly so will decide by the weekend,
Thanks again

chillee

Visit site
Great info thanks, I think I'm probably gonna go with kemps but I am still getting emails with prices coming through slowly so will decide by the weekend,
Thanks again
Alan runs the Marina at Kemps from a day to day perspective.(I assume he is still there). You might think he is a bit of a gruff Old Salty Seadog initially. But trust me, if you spend the time chatting to him and showing an interest, he is really helpful and a great guy to have onside.

HandyAndyO

Visit site
And no im not a covid worrier before anyone thinks I am haha, I'm not bothered by it at all but want to respect people's wishes if they choose to panic