Hhmmm What will the weekend bring

nickcred

Visit site
Just packing things ready to go off to the boat for the weekend. SWMBO keeps looking at the weather forecast with that "I hate getting wet look." The latest in my long line of maintenance/repairs/financial suffering this season following the new engine is, a new prop old one undersized for new diesel, work on the bottom end of the stern drive, gears or something following a crunchy, grinding experience. The boatyard tell me she is going like a dream following their trials yesterday. So cant wait last weekend was superb.

So who is on the Thames around Datchet Windsor? and probably we will head upstream today and moor overnight where ever we end up. If you see us on Tristan give us a wave or stop for a beer, wine, vodka, fruit juice, coffee whatever and say hello. The forum burgee is flying. O and Byron she is sporting a new Ensign as well /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nickcred

Visit site
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif some yes - yesterday was pretty good to us, today it waited until we were at locks and heavy showered us. Very quiet on the river Boat is handling like a dream but then with a new prop, new engine, new clutch thingy and serviced Enfield, new windscreen wipers and motors, new Ensign (thanks Byron and SWMBO says the girly cushions are staying but I can throw beer cans around provided I clear them up) I should bloody well think it is. And tomorrow I get to enjoy the smug look of my buddy who told me owning a boat was like standing in a shower ripping up £20 notes. I think he meant £50 notes in multiples of 10. Still loving it though as I wave at him from the river.