P5100105.jpg

P5120121.jpg

P5130151.jpg

P5180193.jpg

P5210199.jpg

longjohnsadler

Visit site
Re: Here\'s a few

Turned up for watch early one morning and Parahandy says, 'Great sunset last night. Took a few shots with your camera.'
About 30 shots all almost identical. Brill. Wanna see 'em?

Lakesailor

Visit site

Absolutely disgusted.
Not a lifejacket in sight.
What's the world coming to?
Don't you people realise..............?

Harumph

BlueSkyNick

Visit site

I think you will find that's both, ie all, of them. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

In Bermuda, they are referred to as dolphin (opposed to porpoise - the mammal). THIS LINK also refers to them as Pompano - as they swim up to 50knots (!) I 'spose they are catchable from a fast moving yacht.

Very good fish to eat - cooking can be kept simple, like panfried or barbecued - yummee.....

Bajansailor

Visit site

They are also called 'dolphin' in the Caribbean (and no, Bermuda is not in the Caribbean). Another name for them is dorado.

We have found that the best way to catch them when sailing is to have the lure skipping in the wake, one boat length behind. The faster the better - the more airborne the lure is, the less time the fish has to consider if it is a tasty morsel or something else.

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Bleedin\' Globetrotters

Having left the internet behind on the 20th, while nos Heros were still all at sea, t'were a bit of a shokka to walk into Nice Airport on the 27th and trip over tcm, looking dapper and thoroughly un-RKJ, to find he'd x'd the Atlantic, docked ra boot, tanked up in France, flown home, showered, shaved and - what's the other s?, climbed into the Panzerwagen and driven down to the SoF for half-term with the sprogs. Blimey!

Later, we met two knackered flics from the Pas de Calais, parking a smoking little blue Renault. They were looking for tall Englishman with at least two fingers on his right hand, who they'd chased all the way from Merde les Deux Eglises.

Gunfleet

Visit site
Re: Bleedin\' Globetrotters

I disappear for a bit and you've all gone mad. What happened to the weekend in Cowes? A nice sail up the Hamble? What next? Winter in the Davis Straits then Vladivostok northabout?

EME

www.lumishore.com
Re: Bleedin\' Speedsters

Well you see Ken, if you ken, our TCM doesn't like hanging-about.

Transatlantic crossings, Parties. Short Drives ..pah !

I'm sorry I missed you yesterday as "I' also was at the airport.

For the record we did do it and arrived before lunch

I can honestly also say that I felt 'safer' than when my missus is
reversing off the drive ... no incidents, no panics....

Nice One , TCM

Scarron

Visit site
Re: Bleedin\' Speedsters

Yep - that's a Mahi-Mahi, caught a similar sized one off Hawaii a few weeks back while fishing for Marlin [been dying to drop that one into a post ever since!] they hunt flying fish which is probly why the lure on the surface works best. bloody hell, do they ever go - I can certainly believe 50 knots.

Pan fried fillets in butter and garlic..... delicious!