Here we go again. Set your clocks! Leg 5

Fantasie 19

Visit site
Did surprisingly well not to run aground, but I knew I was going to be asleep so I did the start on delayed command.. but to do that means taking the least obstructed/complex route out, so while the night owls threaded their way east through the islands I ended up going north east and then turning... ah well... long race ahead yet..... :eek:

Dipper

Visit site
Great Mothers day on the beach :(

I'm 4th though :D

I'm last. It can only get better. :)

Edit: No I'm not. That was quick. Third last now.

Double edit: Two boats that haven't even started are in front of me. Must try harder.

Last edited:

Dipper

Visit site
The ranking is a bit weird. I'm 569th and there are boats almost dead astern and over 700 miles away that are ahead of me. :confused:

I've been doing over 25 knots for a long time now. I hope nothing breaks. :eek:

Spyro

Visit site
The ranking is a bit weird. I'm 569th and there are boats almost dead astern and over 700 miles away that are ahead of me. :confused:

I've been doing over 25 knots for a long time now. I hope nothing breaks. :eek:
and the correct way round the south pole is closer

The rankings have been messed up for a while but I think they are starting to look more realistic now. I read something about it being shorter to cape horn the wrong side of the south pole so calculations were being done that way but as you get further west and it's closer the correct way around the pole the rankings look more real. also I think the international date line had some weird effect depending on how far south you were when crossing.
Just measure the distances to cape horn with the ruler to get a rough idea

Dipper

Visit site
That will be a Negh'Var-class Klingon warship. They have cloaking devices. It's heavily armed so watch out.

Martin_J

Visit site
Which way now guys....? East or West of the Falklands..?? or squeeze through the middle.. ???

Can't see any boats ahead any more.... yikes! ybw_mjm

sarabande

Visit site
part of the fun is correlating my irl course with Google Earth and seeing which bit of land I am having a BBQ on :). Last time round the Horn I went through the middle of the Flaklands; this time I'm going near the mainland, and will be wearing a blue ensign :D

Spyro

Visit site
Which way now guys....? East or West of the Falklands..?? or squeeze through the middle.. ???

Can't see any boats ahead any more.... yikes! ybw_mjm

Well i know where I'm going and it has to be a different way from you, No point in following, highly unlikely to catch you doing that. Some of the leaders are using routing software but they have gone in different directions. Time will tell.

Dipper

Visit site
Martin #1 and Booby #3. Go for it. Well done.

Don't ignore your alarm clocks tonight.

smileys-alarm-clock-457023.gif