Help me out please

prof pat pending

Visit site
Got a bit to do before the season starts...fitting a fridge in the dinette, new cooker, interior trim, new cockpit seats and eventually trim the cockpit, but that one may have to wait

Cazwoz

Visit site
Thanks for the information which is really helpful.

I'd also forgotten how scary Osney can be :eek:.

From the picture it seems the boat in question may well not have the rails around the aft cabin in which case perhaps the arch could be hinged. When I see the boat I'll obviously get a much better idea. I'm not adverse to producing detailed drawings of what's required as I did with my Cobra years ago. I did this for Toughs when she went back for a refit and they fabricated and fitted the folding arch and screens which came out like this:

View attachment 85475

I must admit I'm a bit anal when it comes to boats. No matter how badly I want something I won't do it unless it looks right. I'd originally designed a fully enclosed wheelhouse with a fly bridge on top. It never went ahead because the boat was fitted with the upright Perkins 6354s rather than the usual horizontal ones so I couldn't get the profile right. With Four Ferretts I'm not sure the profile really works and perhaps folding screens would have been a better option (for me anyway).

I've had an email from the owner of the Sport and I'll drop him a reply. I have a few concerns over the engine(s) she's fitted with, whether they're sufficient for the Solent and what use they've had other than pottering around on the Thames. I know from experience moving a boat to the coast and needing the engines to work hard for a change has the potential to produce all sorts of problems. My engineer feels I need to factor in possible replacements which I'm not adverse to doing as the next boat will be the last, hence the reason why it needs to tick so many boxes.

Cazwoz

Visit site
Thanks for the information which is really helpful.

I'd also forgotten how scary Osney can be :eek:.

From the picture it seems the boat in question may well not have the rails around the aft cabin in which case perhaps the arch could be hinged. When I see the boat I'll obviously get a much better idea. I'm not adverse to producing detailed drawings of what's required as I did with my Cobra years ago. I did this for Toughs when she went back for a refit and they fabricated and fitted the folding arch and screens which came out like this:

View attachment 85475

I must admit I'm a bit anal when it comes to boats. No matter how badly I want something I won't do it unless it looks right. I'd originally designed a fully enclosed wheelhouse with a fly bridge on top. It never went ahead because the boat was fitted with the upright Perkins 6354s rather than the usual horizontal ones so I couldn't get the profile right. With Four Ferretts I'm not sure the profile really works and perhaps folding screens would have been a better option (for me anyway).

I've had an email from the owner of the Sport and I'll drop him a reply. I have a few concerns over the engine(s) she's fitted with, whether they're sufficient for the Solent and what use they've had other than pottering around on the Thames. I know from experience moving a boat to the coast and needing the engines to work hard for a change has the potential to produce all sorts of problems. My engineer feels I need to factor in possible replacements which I'm not adverse to doing as the next boat will be the last, hence the reason why it needs to tick so many boxes.
I don’t suppose you still have the drawings for the arch do you? I just bought one without a cockpit goof and wouldn’t mind putting an arch over the cockpit