Help from member in Turkey?

Vagabondi

Visit site
Hi I am trying to contact a private boat seller in Turkey . I found the boat on sahabinden.com. But for some reason now you cannot access that site from outside of turkey. Im in the med, but not in Turkey right now

Is there a member who might be in turkey who could send a message and get an email contact fro me to speak to the seller?

Irish Rover possibly? i cant seem to message this user....

Refueler

Visit site
PM to me and I can ask any of my guys in Turkey if they can help with this. No promises - but happy to try and help.

One problem at present in Turkey - CV19 is a serious matter there and various travel is restricted. Even my local guys there depending on location need Special Permits to move from one area to another. You don't hear about this online - but this is actually in many countries similar.

Vagabondi

Visit site
thank you . problem is my account hasnt been approved yet to pm.....

i know the locals have stronger restrictions that foreigners. but in fact the gov guidance says i can fly to turkey tomorrow if i have a negative test. I havent got plans to stay. but this is the boat ive been searching for and im ready to grab it

Irish Rover

Visit site
PM to me and I can ask any of my guys in Turkey if they can help with this. No promises - but happy to try and help.

One problem at present in Turkey - CV19 is a serious matter there and various travel is restricted. Even my local guys there depending on location need Special Permits to move from one area to another. You don't hear about this online - but this is actually in many countries similar.
Your information regarding restrictions on movement within Turkey is very much out of date. Our Covid figures are not that bad now - a good bit less than UK by reference to population .

Irish Rover

Visit site
thank you . problem is my account hasnt been approved yet to pm.....

i know the locals have stronger restrictions that foreigners. but in fact the gov guidance says i can fly to turkey tomorrow if i have a negative test. I havent got plans to stay. but this is the boat ive been searching for and im ready to grab it
See my suggestion Re email in earthquake thread.

Refueler

Visit site
Your information regarding restrictions on movement within Turkey is very much out of date. Our Covid figures are not that bad now - a good bit less than UK by reference to population .

I am not going to argue with you as you are in Turkey .. but I am at present having to deal with one of my Turkish Superintendents travelling across Turkey to service a vessel in either Izmir or Aliaga.
Just a short while ago - sorted another of my guys in / out of Ceyhan.
This is similar to what we had to do in Italy during restricted travel.

The biggest problem we face - is the changing situation .. so your info can be absolutely 100% today .. same for me another day. Guys haven't informed me of any change yet .. so I accept your info.

Group of nurses from my town here - my wife is nurse - they have just flown to Turkey on holiday - Turkey is offering amazing cheap discount deals to get people there now - they got stuck in Riga airport for 5 hours due to change of entry regs to Turkey literally overnight. On arrival things are Ok .. but info coming back is restrictions on them ...

Irish Rover

Visit site
I am not going to argue with you as you are in Turkey .. but I am at present having to deal with one of my Turkish Superintendents travelling across Turkey to service a vessel in either Izmir or Aliaga.
Just a short while ago - sorted another of my guys in / out of Ceyhan.
This is similar to what we had to do in Italy during restricted travel.

The biggest problem we face - is the changing situation .. so your info can be absolutely 100% today .. same for me another day. Guys haven't informed me of any change yet .. so I accept your info.

Group of nurses from my town here - my wife is nurse - they have just flown to Turkey on holiday - Turkey is offering amazing cheap discount deals to get people there now - they got stuck in Riga airport for 5 hours due to change of entry regs to Turkey literally overnight. On arrival things are Ok .. but info coming back is restrictions on them ...
There has been no restriction on intercity travel since mid May. We do have daily curfews from 21.00 until 05.00 and all day Sunday. However anyone travelling or out and about in connection with their work can get a permit - simple process done online which I did myself some time back.
Entry requirements for tourists are clear and certainly not onerous
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-tr/announcements/coronavirus-outbreak/travel-restrictions/

Resolution

Visit site
There has been no restriction on intercity travel since mid May. We do have daily curfews from 21.00 until 05.00 and all day Sunday. However anyone travelling or out and about in connection with their work can get a permit - simple process done online which I did myself some time back.
Entry requirements for tourists are clear and certainly not onerous
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-tr/announcements/coronavirus-outbreak/travel-restrictions/
Certainly from the official statistics, new infection rates per million population in Greece, Turkey and Cyprus have all dropped from recent peaks and are now lower than ours here in UK.
I was told yesterday by a Turkish pal that Germany has just agreed to supply Turkey with a good number of vaccines, and had also given it green light status . So he anticipates a flood of German tourists heading for the South Coast.
Separately, he said that so many yachts have moved down the coast from around Istanbul that the southern marinas are filling up. Bodrum Marina is said to have a waiting list.
I am impatiently waiting for the UK to re-grade our traffic lights and move Turkey into the amber zone. Fingers crossed that Turkey does not re-grade the UK in the opposite direction!! We are desperate to return the good ship Resolution (with its EU27 VAT paid status fully documented) back to lovely Port Iasos in Turkey.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Certainly from the official statistics, new infection rates per million population in Greece, Turkey and Cyprus have all dropped from recent peaks and are now lower than ours here in UK.
I was told yesterday by a Turkish pal that Germany has just agreed to supply Turkey with a good number of vaccines, and had also given it green light status . So he anticipates a flood of German tourists heading for the South Coast.
Separately, he said that so many yachts have moved down the coast from around Istanbul that the southern marinas are filling up. Bodrum Marina is said to have a waiting list.
I am impatiently waiting for the UK to re-grade our traffic lights and move Turkey into the amber zone. Fingers crossed that Turkey does not re-grade the UK in the opposite direction!! We are desperate to return the good ship Resolution (with its EU27 VAT paid status fully documented) back to lovely Port Iasos in Turkey.
Definitely improving here and fingers crossed it continues. The couple who developed the Pfizer vaccine are German Turks and the hubby Uğur Şahin has become somewhat of a celebrity here. He has promised huge supplies of the vaccine and right now it's being rolled out at a rapid rate.
A combination of sea snot in the Marmara sea and Greece being closed to boats travelling from Turkey means all Aegean marinas are busy - possibility Greece might open next week.
I hope you get back to your yacht soon.