Help Bouys

animal254

Visit site
Not sure if this allowed but cannot think of any other way of getting the info. I am tendering for a maintence job on inshore buoys. It requires a risk assessment anybody got any idea what I would need to include.

Not many of these on Lough Erne so local knowledge amongst the marina is zip.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Rowana

Two steps lower than the ships' cat
Visit site
You need to quantify all the risks and what measures you've taken to reduce these to "ALARP" - As Low As Reasonably Practical.

Get all the people who will be involved together, and write up a list of all the risks. Things like falling in the Oggin', cetting fingers and other extremities caught, Etc Etc.

Then you list all the measures you will take to mitigate these - Lifejackets, harnesses, only working when sea state allows Etc Etc.

Hope this is of some help ! !

Seafort

Visit site
Health and Safety is a massive subject and you may need some help to prepare a suitable and sufficient risk assessment.

To do your own I suggest you search (top right) for <font color="blue">"Five steps to risk assessment"</font> on the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website. Its a PDF file that takes you through the process.
'Risk assessment' will bring it up on top and throw up a few templates.

If any questions crop up (they will), try the fora at Health and Safety for Beginners. Mostly exam related but full of knowledgeable people.

Good luck with the tender.

Dave.