Heavier boat = safer in storms?

DownWest

Visit site
Not a great start to a thread..On the title, opinions vary. In the range you seem to be looking at.. it doesn't make much difference, though long keelers in the heaver end of choice are marginally better.
Blaming Boomers is a narrow minded view. They have accumulated quite a lot of experience and have passed some of it on... As someone with no experience, listening to people who have done 'it' usually helps.
DW

Laminar Flow

Visit site
I'm sure there must be a Youtube video on that, why don't you check it out?

Lack of practical experience is theoretically not a problem. Theoretically that is.

Last edited:

DownWest

Visit site
Reading a bit of the CA thread sort of gives it away. Troll.
On another forum, a poster asked about a complicated metal folding project. Each time he got answers he moved the criteria a bit. Finalyl exposed as serial troll happily living on the dole and proud of it...

SaltIre

Visit site

Laminar Flow

Visit site
Distressing cynicism. The guy just wants to cruise Patagonia, singlehanded in a 26ft boat but prefers to learn as he goes along.

I must also point out that he has already told us he has extensive experience in the Lake district, in his inflatable dinghy. .?‍♂️

To quote Darwin, who discovered the mechanism of the means by how such things are sorted:
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."

SaltIre

Visit site
Distressing cynicism. The guy just wants to cruise Patagonia, singlehanded in a 26ft boat but prefers to learn as he goes along.

I must also point out that he has already told us he has extensive experience in the Lake district, in his inflatable dinghy. .?‍♂️

Well that's possibly not quite the limit of his/her ambitions. The individual posting on the same topic in Cruising Anarchy doesn't want to stop at Patagonia. Thereafter he/she proposes to cross the Pacific to Australia & New Zealand.⛵

cherod

Visit site
Very nice ( other adjectives are available ) criticising someone who is unable to defend / reply in person

DownWest

Visit site
Well that's possibly not quite the limit of his/her ambitions. The individual posting on the same topic in Cruising Anarchy doesn't want to stop at Patagonia. Thereafter he/she proposes to cross the Pacific to Australia & New Zealand.⛵
You forgot Japan, to fish for big tuna. At least that is practical, as I have caught loads with a line and spinner while sailing. ( Thinking back, they might have been mackerel )