Having spent 91 days in France in 2021, what happens next?

debenbar

Visit site
Many retired yachties and/or campervan owners are perhaps mainly interested in being in France for most of the summer . Maybe this can be achieved a by a brief visit in January to Calais thus triggering a 180 day period. Spend April / May / June in France then return to the UK while the first 180 day period expires then return to France triggering another 180 day period covering July August and September.

Poignard

Visit site
Many retired yachties and/or campervan owners are perhaps mainly interested in being in France for most of the summer . Maybe this can be achieved a by a brief visit in January to Calais thus triggering a 180 day period. Spend April / May / June in France then return to the UK while the first 180 day period expires then return to France triggering another 180 day period covering July August and September.
Interesting idea

Forty_Two

Visit site
Its not a fixed 180 day period, its a rolling 180 day window so no need to visit in Jan. Every day in Eu just count back 180 days & when you get to 89 days, home tomorrow, so you couldn't come back till October

ashtead

Visit site
Will be interesting to see how many in Northern Ireland decide to apply for an Irish passport . I have seen a number of FS companies applying for registration with the Central bank of Ireland who seem somewhat short of crew to cope with the influx of those wanting to be collocated in Ireland and UK . Might be looking good for Dublin property prices ? Any Irish forumites have a view though .

Daydream believer

Visit site
I assume that if one does multiple trips it is Ok, so long as the total does not exceed 90 days in the summer.
I want to go UK- Normandy- CIs,-Roscoff-Brest - Roscoff--CIs---Normandy --Uk
then later--- UK Ostende -Netherlands- Ostend- UK
The total time in EU, if I book in and out for the CIs & when returning to Uk will not exceed 90 days
Is that OK if I do the booking in & out of Cherbourg & Roscoff to CIs etc

It will be a real pain because I like going to Lezardrieux & Treguier on the way to Brest but they are not ports of arousal, so Roscoff will be the first port after CIs

dunedin

Visit site
I assume that if one does multiple trips it is Ok, so long as the total does not exceed 90 days in the summer.
The total time in EU, if I book in and out for the CIs & when returning to Uk will not exceed 90 days

Sounds good - but if want to check plans can plug into the Schengen Calculator Schengen-calculator

Debenbar definitely needs to re-read the rules and put his suggestion into the calculator to see the reality

Forty_Two

Visit site
Yes that would be ok.

But you aways be mindful of the 180 day's rolling period. After that first 90 days you be unable to visit the Eu for a further 90 days.

debenbar

Visit site
Very useful forty two! Thank you for putting us right, we were misinformed by a campervan forum. We now understand the 180 day rolling concept.

Sandy

Visit site
Will be interesting to see how many in Northern Ireland decide to apply for an Irish passport . I have seen a number of FS companies applying for registration with the Central bank of Ireland who seem somewhat short of crew to cope with the influx of those wanting to be collocated in Ireland and UK . Might be looking good for Dublin property prices ? Any Irish forumites have a view though .
Not just Northern Ireland, all of my colleagues who qualified for an Irish Passport were!

[178529]

Visit site
Dublin property prices are a nightmare. Rents in central Dublin are through the roof. I rent my office in Newbridge which is a good way out.