Hasler Windvane Info Wanted

dboboc

Visit site
I recently purchased a Hasler SP3 windvane, though it doesn't have the mounting brackets. I was hoping someone out there might be able to help with dimensions and/or photos so I can make some.

Thank you,

Dave Boboc

Praxinoscope

Visit site
I don’t know if it’s any help but the book Self Steering Under Sail, published by Adlard Coles in 1998 has a photo of a Hasler Self Steering fitted to a Sparkman & Stephens 30. It shows the brackets but of course no dimensions. If it’s any use I’ll scan it and attach it to another reply.

Motor_Sailor

Visit site
There's been a large manila envelope in my office for about 25 years labelled "Hasler Vane Info".

It seems to have some drawings and instructions from the mid 60s.

Any use?

halcyon

Visit site
I don’t know if it’s any help but the book Self Steering Under Sail, published by Adlard Coles in 1998 has a photo of a Hasler Self Steering fitted to a Sparkman & Stephens 30. It shows the brackets but of course no dimensions. If it’s any use I’ll scan it and attach it to another reply.

I got a Hasler on the stern of the Halcyon, so may be able to help with dimensions.

Now someone may be able to help me, I need a drawing of the windvane, anyone with one ? my vane went in the storm.

Brian

mishka

Visit site
Brian,

Thanks very much for the offer, that would be great! I can provide dimensions of the windvane section, as mine has an original blade.

Dave B.
I have a hasler that I need a vane for is that possible? And how much is the counterweight?? Cheer

Mishkawest

Visit site
Hey guys!! I would love those dimensions if possible! i just picked up a hasler windvane without the van and trying to figure it all out!