Has the EA got a 2022 calendar?

The Glassman

Visit site
Just received the latest winter lock closure list from the EA.
Whilst I'm sure we all appreciate that some cash is to be splashed this winter, are they really going to close Goring from 17th Feb. to 21st April?
That period includes Easter and I'm sure that the Hire Companies will be really delighted about it. We live on the River here at Streatley and see that the weeks around Easter really do mark the start of the fireboat season. Hobbs, Caversham, Kris Cruisers and LeBoat will no doubt be lobbying for a re-think and I for one couldn't blame them.
What does anyone else think?
:(:(

TrueBlue

Visit site
The dates are all over the place because they can't find a contractor to do the jobs / havent yet agreed a contract and 'they' don't want a rush of boaters saying "'you didn't give us enough notice". It'e easier to say the river is closed.......

Pump-Out

Visit site
That period includes Easter and I'm sure that the Hire Companies will be really delighted about it. We live on the River here at Streatley and see that the weeks around Easter really do mark the start of the fireboat season. Hobbs, Caversham, Kris Cruisers and LeBoat will no doubt be lobbying for a re-think and I for one couldn't blame them.
Fireboat season?
What are you lot doing up there?
:)

TrueBlue

Visit site
Systems "out of phase" = one updated, t'other not.
Accordnign to EA the whoe blurry River is closed...
Do you feel lucky, punk? (quote)

Bran

Visit site
Latest on Facebook EA now says Goring works scheduled to end by 21 , not 12 April. Also says they hope to complete well before the 21? How can hire fleets work around the “hope” it will be open in time for Easter?

Pump-Out

Visit site
Hmm...
"Lock restriction:
When: Monday 22 November 2021 until Friday 2 December 2021.
Where: Godstow Lock, tail lock approach.
What’s happening: Godstow Lock shoal management – river traffic will be disrupted to allow shoal management works to progress that will improve the navigable access to Godstow Lock
."

Note: This is shoal management, not dredging. After all if the river required dredging then the EA mantra that "the river is self-dredging" would be proved to be incorrect. So we will just have shoal management instead..

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
It's seriously shallow there.

I took my boat to Lechlade in early August and only just got over the *bar" below Godstow. Tried again in late August and the River was slightly lower it took several goes to get to the lock layby.

Aborted the attempt to go further, turned the boat around below the lock and the keeper threw the lock at me enabling me to get back over the bar.

I remember if from last year as a the shallowest part.

Above Rushey lock is a bit shallow as well.

All good fun draught 3ft4.