Has anyone seen?

sinbad73

Visit site
Hi, I have been trying to locate my late father's boat that he sold back in the late 80s last seen on canvey island Essex mid to late 90s I posted a couple of pictures under the heading "finding scrounger" in the motor boat forum a couple of years back but with no joy I can't remember how I put the pictures on so sorry I can't put them on again but they are still on if you search. Finding scrounger has anyone seen a boat like this along the Thames? Any help would be appreciated.

frothblower

Visit site
Hi, I have been trying to locate my late father's boat that he sold back in the late 80s last seen on canvey island Essex mid to late 90s I posted a couple of pictures under the heading "finding scrounger" in the motor boat forum a couple of years back but with no joy I can't remember how I put the pictures on so sorry I can't put them on again but they are still on if you search. Finding scrounger has anyone seen a boat like this along the Thames? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Sinbad.

I live on Canvey Island and keep my boat at Benfleet and boat round these areas and I haven't seen this boat on my travels.

sinbad73

Visit site
Hi frothblower thanks for the reply i know that five of these boats were built on canvey I know of a blue one near the Benfleet bridge "lisa2" and one has gone over to Greece "tuna" my dad's was the fifth boat to be built it is slightly different to the other 4 it doesn't have drip overhang on the cabin I have a picture of Moorings at canvey were there looked to be another one but when I last visited I tried to locate but couldn't I know that after all this time it is possible that it has moved away so thought I would ask as many members down that way to keep a look out I now live in Yorkshire hence me posting as always thanks for your reply always appreciated rob.

frothblower

Visit site
Hi frothblower thanks for the reply i know that five of these boats were built on canvey I know of a blue one near the Benfleet bridge "lisa2" and one has gone over to Greece "tuna" my dad's was the fifth boat to be built it is slightly different to the other 4 it doesn't have drip overhang on the cabin I have a picture of Moorings at canvey were there looked to be another one but when I last visited I tried to locate but couldn't I know that after all this time it is possible that it has moved away so thought I would ask as many members down that way to keep a look out I now live in Yorkshire hence me posting as always thanks for your reply always appreciated rob.

Hi Sinbad.

I think I remember both these boats but pretty sure they had a dark brown hull with cream topsides as standard not white like your picture? As you say your dads was a bit different so maybe he picked the white gel coat colour. I'm moored very near Lisa2 I believe and this boat has fallen into disrepair and has been painted (badly) in the past. Is in a very sorry state unfortunately.

sinbad73

Visit site
You are correct 4 were built in brown and cream using catamaran gel coat colours my dad worked at Thames Marine it's thought my dad's was built by a new boat building shop that opened next door to Thames Marine they used the moulds but unfortunately struggled to release the mould which destroyed the plug my dad then somehow ended up with the boat which he fitted out with a little help from me aged about 8 my dad's was made in white and was the only one built to take a outboard motor.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
That was the first thing that struck me about the boat. Seemed odd that it was made for an outboard.

It's quite common for these old grp vessels to end up as highly modified small residential craft.

That stern is very distinctive so even if there was a lot added in terms of cabin arrangements it would probably be possible to recognise it.

frothblower

Visit site
You are correct 4 were built in brown and cream using catamaran gel coat colours my dad worked at Thames Marine it's thought my dad's was built by a new boat building shop that opened next door to Thames Marine they used the moulds but unfortunately struggled to release the mould which destroyed the plug my dad then somehow ended up with the boat which he fitted out with a little help from me aged about 8 my dad's was made in white and was the only one built to take a outboard motor.

Ahh that explains the colour difference then. Lisa2 has had a homemade conversion done to take an outboard and has something like 150hp strapped to the back of her. Ill take a picture next time I'm down my boat.

sinbad73

Visit site
This is Lisa 2 as you say it has had a outboard conversation oddly it looks like the same outboard well as my dad's had it may be that my dad's was used as a template for lisa2 but that is just a thought.

sinbad73

Visit site
Hi forthblower I have attached a picture if you blow it up there is a boat first on the right of the picture have you seen that boat? when I last visited canvey I couldn't locate it I don't know if it's visible by foot i can't make out if it's the same model of boat or not that I am looking for.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220204_203116.jpg
    Screenshot_20220204_203116.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 24

frothblower

Visit site
Hi forthblower I have attached a picture if you blow it up there is a boat first on the right of the picture have you seen that boat? when I last visited canvey I couldn't locate it I don't know if it's visible by foot i can't make out if it's the same model of boat or not that I am looking for.

Hi Sinbad. It doesn't look familiar. Next time I go for an explore in the dingy ill keep my eyes peeled!