Has anyone downsized there engines in former working Tugs?

Assassin

Visit site
There are no educated or other guesses, before even contemplating calculating prop sizes he needs to know his requirements and how they fit his needs, he then needs an outline of his intentions which will determine single engine and prop, twin engines and twin props or twin engines and single prop.

Nathan Taylor

Visit site
Sorry for the late reply everyone. This last week has been extremely busy dealing with all this. I will be keeping the ERS8 and Regarder will be towed onto a mooring in Kent to start work getting the machinery up and running again and dry dock her to survey and re paint bottom and anodes etc. I will update the progress on this as it develops.
Many thanks for all the advice.

Nathan

Assassin

Visit site
Most likely costs and spares availability, often it is cheaper to cut your losses and sell it rather than spend a lot of money for no return.

He may simply have run out of money himself.

Nathan Taylor

Visit site
was wondering if the owner is a marine engineer, why has he not got the engine going before he sells it.
Peter Duggan of General Marine is 80 and having his land compulsory purchased. The boat was re engined a few years ago by the new buyer . engine dropped in but not connected. He gave up on her so has been left like that since and sat for a few years. Hence me getting it for such a good price. Obviously a lot of work to be done but she will be worth it. Every waterman on the thames knows Regarder and what a good boat she is.

Nathan Taylor

Visit site
Nathan.

Once you get a bit straight with the project, got it to a yard, a ladder, extension lead, we need you to organise a project open morning so us boat nutters can come have a look. We'll bring biscuits.
I will definitely let you know once i have done the steam clean and made her a bit less hazardous. You would all be more then welcome to come and have a look.