Happy Liveaboards

OldBawley

Visit site
I am a happy liveaboard for the same reason I am a liveaboard since 31 years.

If I was not happy as a liveaboard I would go home.

Home is at the moment in Gemany because that is where my wife lives. Btw, I have never seen the apartment. So where is home ?

She left the boat first of February when it was clear sh*t was coming.

She wanted to be near the kids.

I guess it will be a long celibatairy summer. Good that I am not 21 any more.

Star-Lord

Visit site
What makes you so sure that the UK will accept an influx of boats❓
The UK will not turn away a British registered vessel. They may or may not have to quarantine. And because we are a sensible lot I very much doubt any yacht would be turned away if in distress or needing water or fuel. England is not like the rest of Europe ?

nortada

Visit site
The UK will not turn away a British registered vessel. They may or may not have to quarantine. And because we are a sensible lot I very much doubt any yacht would be turned away if in distress or needing water or fuel. England is not like the rest of Europe ?

Two issues.

I hope for any contemplating sailing back to the UK you are correct.

I suspect any State would accept any vessel declaring a Mayday but if it were just to replenish victuals, I suspect they may be placed in quarantine, until they had taken on water etc. and then sent on their way.

A vessel returning to it’s home country may be treated differently but who knows❓

Witness second home owners; fear of the virus is already producing some interesting reactions, which, if the virus reappears, post lockdown, may become more pronounced.

When it comes to CV19, the UK’s attitude is very similar to the rest of the world. Even if some do not accept the need for lockdown.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Two issues.

I suspect any State would accept any vessel declaring a Mayday but if it were just to replenish victuals, I suspect they may be placed in quarantine, until they had taken on water etc. and then sent on their way.

A vessel returning to it’s home country may be treated differently but who knows❓

Witness second home owners; fear of the virus is already producing some interesting reactions, which, if the virus reappears, post lockdown, may become more pronounced.

When it comes to CV19, the UK’s attitude is very similar to the rest of the world. Even if some do not accept the need for lockdown.
I sure your right where a really mayday in concern ,
But Im not sure in the case where a boat which state he heading back to his home country and just want to re supplies are we seen in the last few weeks , some have manage to get fuel , food and move on others as we witness have been Sent back out to sea, some even been put in quarantine although as always we don't know the full story , I guess they may just been cruising and got caught on their own lies let face it some skipper haven't even got the brains to turn off there AIS where there going around breaking the laws .

We also heard people on vessel returning back to their own country having problems in some cases ,

Am I wrong in saying after weeks of lock down that people who really wanted to return home should by now got back other then in a few in far always country's, and not still claiming they trying to get back especially when it come s to Europe .
Example, a boat who's in Spain wanting to get back to the UK and just now arriving in Portugal, it doesn't take two week to sail that short distance. If they really wanted to get home they could had left two weeks ago and been back now or at the very less a lot closer .
It must had been clear to everyone the lock down isn't just going to last a week.

nortada

Visit site
Good morning Notada , hope my suggestion that a certain person should contact you for info on Portugal didnt put you in a difficult position.

Hi Vic,

Not at all.

Where ever possible we happy band in Portugal will always help others.

The only thing I ask is that we don’t keep having to invent the wheel.

Best wishes,

N

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Hi Vic,

Not at all.

Where ever possible we happy band in Portugal will always help others.

The only thing I ask is that we don’t keep having to invent the wheel.

Best wishes,

N
I think it's quite safe to say this apply to all us liveaboard where ever we are ,
Except it's hard and at time easy to make enemies tell people some thing they don't want to hear especially if there are friends or cruisers who happen to be in the same yard or harbour your in , even if your only telling them for their best interest .

nortada

Visit site
I think it's quite safe to say this apply to all us liveaboard where ever we are ,
Except it's hard and at times easy to make enemies telling people some thing they don't want to hear, especially if there are friends or cruisers who happen to be in the same yard or harbour your in , even if your only telling them for their best interest .

Agree - try hard not to do this but don't always succeed.

That said, during lockdown there appears to be a higher level of tolerance on the pontoons. Possibly because many are directing their concerns towards the possibility that they may be joined by people who may have been exposed to the virus.

Visit site
I am a happy liveaboard for the same reason I am a liveaboard since 31 years.

If I was not happy as a liveaboard I would go home.

Home is at the moment in Gemany because that is where my wife lives. Btw, I have never seen the apartment. So where is home ?

She left the boat first of February when it was clear sh*t was coming.

She wanted to be near the kids.

I guess it will be a long celibatairy summer. Good that I am not 21 any more.
Call me a cock-eyed optimist if you wish but I doubt if the lock down will last all summer. :)

sailaboutvic

Visit site
We are in contract by email with many cruisers we known over the years from all over Europe including Portugal
Looking at my inbox this morning there 42 emails waiting to be read , at less it keep me busy haha .
One thing that stand out the biggest concern is people returning back to their boats before they can leave the marina .
We all seen to be feeling as safe as one can in these times in our marina , knowing everyone in the marina is having limited contact with tho out side so the risk are low .

geem

Visit site
Two issues.

Any boat sailing back from Europe could have an issue with regard to need to do quarantine. The trip back from France or Northern Spain is only a day or two. Those like myself who will be returning from the Caribbean even will a short stop in quarantine in the Azores, will have been at sea for a lot longer. If the time at sea is taken as quarantine plus a few days in the UK it wont be a problem.

nortada

Visit site
Call me a cock-eyed optimist if you wish but I doubt if the lock down will last all summer. :)

Agree, well at least, not in Southern Portugal, where they have very few cases reported. Here CV19 is largely under control and because of the geography, regional isolation is feasible.

My spies tell me that the authorities are waiting to see how the next couple of weeks pan out and will then consider a new lock down policy that could be introduced in mid May.