HANSEATIC 19

SteveC

Visit site
Having just purchased a 1982, 19 foot Hanseatic day-sailing keel boat I'm interested to find out where the boat was made and if there is an Owners association. Any info would be most welcome.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Tranona

Visit site
From rusty memory they were built on East Coast of England in the 70's and 80s. The design is based on a Baltic day sailer. Hence the name Hanseatic. The Hanseatic League was a grouping of states on the southern Baltic coast that is now (east) Germany and Poland. They were traders and seafarers so a good name to use.

Don't think the design really caught on as generally long, thin deep day sailers are not popular in the UK, although some similar concepts such as the X Boat have established fleets.

There used to be a Hanseatic 19 in our club in Poole but have not seen it for some time.

Not a lot, but if I find anything more will post it.

Sandgrounder

Visit site
Hanseatic 19

Hi,

I've only just seen this thread, so apologies for joining so late. I too have a Hanseatic although I was told it was a 19 2. I was recently given a PBO report from PBO 11 1979 by a sailing aquaintance from Windermere where I keep my boat. Sadly the article cannot be attached to this post because it exceeds the maximaum upload limit.

The article indicates that the Hanseatic was built by Roger Hornsby of hanseatic Yachts in Kings Lynn.

Where do you all keep your boats and what type of sailing do you do?

Regards

Simon