Handle for rolling the boom furling mechanism

MrCramp

Visit site
Looking for the handle with the square drive on that fits in to an old round the boom mainsail system. Cannot find a new one for sale anywhere. Would appreciate buying a second hand one or even a link to where I might get one. Cheers.

MrCramp

Visit site
Many thanks Fantasie19. I have spent ages googleing variations of furling/reefing/handle with no success. Didn't know it was a Barton product. Cheers.

Fantasie 19

Visit site
Many thanks Fantasie19. I have spent ages googleing variations of furling/reefing/handle with no success. Didn't know it was a Barton product. Cheers.

At some point they cornered the market seemingly.. stupid price though... if you are of a fabricating mind, I have been told previously that the innards of a in internal door handle (the square bar that connects the handles) is the same size... alternatively a local metal shop should be able to bend you a bit of bar of the right size..

MrCramp

Visit site
Yes I did find out the that the square bar through a door handle is the correct size, I've just not found an appropriate handle to go on the end. I did have my handle in the garage but think SWIMBO threw it out when "clearing up". I sold my boat and got paid promptly yesterday so I certainly feel obliged to buy a new one at £49 rather than mackle something up, which is what I would do otherwise. I am going to check whether Andy Seedhouse has one in his second hand emporium at Woodbridge before I buy the new one.