haliod lenth?

Cantata

Visit site
Easy enough to measure the main halyard if you don't want to trust documentation - hoist a spare line to the masthead with the halyard, mark that line at the foot of the mast, drop it again and measure it. Then as fredrussell says, double it and add whatever to get it to the cockpit.

Ianthediver

Visit site
Well, if www.sailboatdata is to be trusted, your mast height from deck is 12.3 metres, so, twice that plus 5 or 6 metres to get halyard back to cockpit gets you in the neighbourhood of 30 metres all in. I’d Add a couple of metres to that just to be sure.
Well, if www.sailboatdata is to be trusted, your mast height from deck is 12.3 metres, so, twice that plus 5 or 6 metres to get halyard back to cockpit gets you in the neighbourhood of 30 metres all in. I’d Add a couple of metres to that just to be sure.
Easy enough to measure the main halyard if you don't want to trust documentation - hoist a spare line to the masthead with the halyard, mark that line at the foot of the mast, drop it again and measure it. Then as fredrussell says, double it and add whatever to get it to the cockpit.
thank you

Daydream believer

Visit site
I bought 35 metres for my hanse 311 & had about 3 m spare.Halyard lead back to cockpit. The spare is handy to replace any abrasion near the mainsail & also to move the clutch point along the line which can affect grip after a while.
The extra length also allows me to take a bight out to the shroud to stop it flapping agaist the mast without disconnecting from the sail whilst still leading it from under the sail cover.

johnalison

Visit site
I tie my halyard to the clew end of the boom when not in use and need some extra length for this, although it isn’t a great amount.