Haggis and Duty Free

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
My black pudding knowledge is obviously sadly lacking. More research is required.

BTW - my current favorite ' healthy option' black pudding recipe is a variation on Salad Paisane but with black pudding instead of lardons and topped by a very softly poached egg...and a red wine side dish. Lots of red wine.
As my mother is an austrian educated hungarian, I spent a certain amount of my early years comparing blood puddings of temperate europe - plus of course the difference between scottish east coast haggis and that on the west.

More recently but still long ago visit hebrides with Navigator who is also a black pudding fan, we were delighted to find stornaway recipe pudding on skye, and on our museum ship trip to shetland looked to buy some there but happily had stocked up in orkney

Last edited:

boomerangben

Visit site
We used to order Willy Jon’s for Royal Mail delivery when we lived on the mainland. By the look on his face when I answered the door, I’m sure the postie was wondering if Anne Summers had been less than discrete with their packaging. All the SY marags are lovely but different