Greek Cruising Tax update from the CA

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Holy Mary Mother of God carrying a bag of fish on a bicycle. I did the tax thing last year with all the hoops and hurdles and hassle with walking here and there suffering abuse at the power mad office of the port police and indifference at the bank and inquisitive commune registration plus the queue at the post office.

I thought I just needed to renew the illegal tax at the post office. Am I expected to run that gauntlet again? With a mask on.

Where abouts in Sicily did you recommend again Vic?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Holy Mary Mother of God carrying a bag of fish on a bicycle. I did the tax thing last year with all the hoops and hurdles and hassle with walking here and there suffering abuse at the power mad office of the port police and indifference at the bank and inquisitive commune registration plus the queue at the post office.

I thought I just needed to renew the illegal tax at the post office. Am I expected to run that gauntlet again? With a mask on.

Where abouts in Sicily did you recommend again Vic?
Ha ha ha . You would think three season on by now the Greek would had made it easier for people to pay , I know many are not having problem only because of the help Chris Robb has given and advise for other who had to jump through the hoops before them , but can you imagine the problem there would had been if it wasn't for the internet and sailing site .

sailaboutvic

Visit site
BurnitBlue if you really thinking of going to Sicily both MDR ( marina Di Ragusa )
And Licata are good safe marina with plenty of liveaboard to look after your boat if your away , both give a very good six month winter contract and once you had one winter there your normal in for a good discount if you return , in our case for Licata 30% which mean for a 13 mt boat €1100 plus if your a member of the CA, RYA , seven seas and a few other clubs you get a extra month free .

BurnitBlue

Visit site
BurnitBlue if you really thinking of going to Sicily both MDR ( marina Di Ragusa )
And Licata are good safe marina with plenty of liveaboard to look after your boat if your away , both give a very good six month winter contract and once you had one winter there your normal in for a good discount if you return , in our case for Licata 30% which mean for a 13 mt boat €1100 plus if your a member of the CA, RYA , seven seas and a few other clubs you get a extra month free .
Well I am serious about heading west out of Greece and I need a target destination to aim for. It is late in the season because of covid19 and I wantto start making miles on my way out of the EU. Next year will probably be a double whammy of covid19 plus the 90 in 180 rule. Then there is the overwhelming Greek bureaucracy to add to all this which although does not destroy the beauty of Greece does destroy the feeling of happiness I used to feel at the pleasure of owning a boat. I long to once again sit in my cockpit with a beer and a book and feel smug. It is kind of turning into the famed "love hate relationship"

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Well if you contract Licata and speak to Maria and tell her Vic told you to contract her she know us well and ask what deal they can offer you .
But don't wait too long as because of the virus Licata kept everyone on winter contract fees for how ever we was on lock down and Ragusa wasnt so kind , so I do expect some of Ragusa mite go there this years in case of another lock down
Well I am serious about heading west out of Greece and I need a target destination to aim for. It is late in the season because of covid19 and I wantto start making miles on my way out of the EU. Next year will probably be a double whammy of covid19 plus the 90 in 180 rule. Then there is the overwhelming Greek bureaucracy to add to all this which although does not destroy the beauty of Greece does destroy the feeling of happiness I used to feel at the pleasure of owning a boat. I long to once again sit in my cockpit with a beer and a book and feel smug. It is kind of turning into the famed "love hate relationship"

Yngmar

Visit site
Last I heard, Licata is now fully booked for winter. But do ask anyways, might be that's only for certain size boats and someone can always be cancelling.

We had no problem with the TEPAI this year, despite having to register again as new boat (due to reflag). The CA guidance definitely helped a lot!

sailaboutvic

Visit site
It's worth a call , you know what they like , they always say there full , went we return last year we was told then try and squeeze us in , but as you know there was still plenty of spaces especially over the other side .
Any way hope your haul out went well ,
We manage to get our saildrive work Donne within the four hours they give us but it ended up we could had as much as we wanted .
Very good yard clean and well organised if you ever needed a haul out in the south of France .
Last I heard, Licata is now fully booked for winter. But do ask anyways, might be that's only for certain size boats and someone can always be cancelling.

We had no problem with the TEPAI this year, despite having to register again as new boat (due to reflag). The CA guidance definitely helped a lot!