Greece to extend territorial waters to 12nm

Tony Cross

Visit site
If seen my posting hit a nerve with you , as they say if the hat fit wear it .
I as good as the next to throw mud if you want to start that ,

Tony don't get me started about comments made by you and others , I don't know how you have the nerve to comment on the UK , your happy to take its money when it suite you and in the pass you also happy to get HNS treatment when that suite you too .
So don't give me the height and might bit .
And I guess if the time comes when Greece no long suite your need you be happy to return .
I spent 35 years of my life working full time in the UK. I paid all taxes and I saved for my personal pension. Everything I have, including NHS funded healthcare, I have worked for and paid tax for - for 35 years. How dare you try to tell me that because I choose to live in another country that I should forfeit the benefits (in terms of state pension and NHS healthcare) that I worked my entire working life to accrue.

Should I choose to return to the UK I have every right to do that. I have contributed for 35 years and earned that right, I'm even still paying taxes in the UK!

Has for any comment I made about 90/180 rules they where about ways non EU cruisers get to extend they 90 days for longer periods, if they wish to bend the rules that's up to them and nothing to do with YOU ....
I guess you never bend the rules . ( ofcause not )
Priceless! You think I should forfeit all benefits from the UK, despite having paid for them with 35 years of full employment, yet you defend people living part time in another country ignoring the immigration rules that apply there. Does the phrase 'double standards' mean anything to you?

I have read what you said about Greece over the years and you can't wait as soon as anyone say any thing not to your liking to jump to their defend.
I have defended Greece where I believe she has been poorly treated by contributors on here and will continue to do so. I don't just choose to live here because the weather is better, the quality of life is immeasurably better here. People don't get stabbed in the streets, anything not bolted down isn't immediately stolen here, and family and friendship are more important than getting a new car or the latest TV set just to upset the neighbours.

I have also criticised Greece where I believe she is wrong, and in the issue at question in this thread I have said more than once that in the loss of Constantinople and the mother church of Haghia Sophia in 1453, Greece has (and is) behaving like a spoiled child who has had their favourite toy taken away. They cannot move on, it's a constant open sore and it is contributory to the instability in this region.

I made it very clear I don't agree with what's going on in the UK now and don't agree with us leaving the EU not because it's going to effect my life sty but because it's not good for the UK , but as I still pay large amount of tax back and get nothing back ,
I think I have a right to have my say you seen to collect you pension live in another country and seen to think it's ok to run down the country that helping you live your days in the sun at every opportunity.
Let me put this in simple terms for you. Whilst it's true that I am living in another (sunny) country and collecting my state pension and NHS funded Greek healthcare I have paid for all of that in 35 years of full employment. If I think the UK, or at least the UK government, is behaving appallingly then I have every right as a British citizen (and a UK taxpayer) to say so. I still have a vote in the UK too!

You living in a country that's been so corrupt over the years that lied to get in the EU then did nothing but take take take and pocket the funds and to this very day they still at it and you talk about the UK the way you do .
All true. So what? There is much that is bad about Greece, both in the past and today - and when I think it's relevant I'll mention it. But you can't judge a book by its cover, and there is immeasurably more that is good and noble and better about the Greeks and Greece and I'll talk about that too.

Your thinking is black and white. I'm not resident in the UK so I should not be permitted to express any negative opinions on the UK, and Greece is a country where corruption is rife so I should not permitted to express any positive options on Greece. Seriously?

It's you mate who got your head up your ass .
Stupid is as stupid does...

grumpygit

Visit site
@grumpgit just for you mate I won't reply to Mr cross posting so not to bury this topic . :)

I don't think it matters now, so much of the topics have got fragmented in to different titles but crossing topics that my will is going to follow them all.
I must admit that TC is quite within his rights in all he has said in response to your character assignation attempt forcing him to personally defend himself with probably more personal details than he would wish.
I don't always agree with TC and we have had plenty of discussions on here about Greece over the years but I do tend to agree with what he has said apart from him slacking at 35 years, I did 42 years.
We are all human beings so we are in design not to be faultless and we do have a right of opinions and views no matter what that is,
also by what we all choose to do makes us a little self opinionated to. The right to defend by discussion is the best tack not by personal attacks . . . . . . .well not to much.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I don't think it matters now, so much of the topics have got fragmented in to different titles but crossing topics that my will is going to follow them all.
I must admit that TC is quite within his rights in all he has said in response to your character assignation attempt forcing him to personally defend himself with probably more personal details than he would wish.
I don't always agree with TC and we have had plenty of discussions on here about Greece over the years but I do tend to agree with what he has said apart from him slacking at 35 years, I did 42 years.
We are all human beings so we are in design not to be faultless and we do have a right of opinions and views no matter what that is,
also by what we all choose to do makes us a little self opinionated to. The right to defend by discussion is the best tack not by personal attacks . . . . . . .well not to much.

You know what I won't leave it as you seen to want to carry it on.

character assignation you said ?
you need to read the thread and his posting to see who started assignation who

I made a comment comment not referring it to any one in particular,
in posting 34 Posting ,

Mr cross then posted personally to me in 46

" From some of the comments you've made about registration and the 90/180 rule it seems that observing the law isn't terribly high on your agenda, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at your comment."

Unless Mr high and mightily Cross as got prove I Broken any laws be Need to keep his option to him self ,

Only comment I made time and time again is how some non EU cruisers get around the 90/180 days rule and for them Brits who can't get residency in any country or don't want to could use it .
as it happen non EU sailors are not even breaking any law but how would Mr Cross know that sitting in his flat .
If a country wishes not to stamp a passport they are In Their right not too .
If any country wishes only stamp crew list their also can , no law is being broken in those country .
So what right as Mr Cross got in saying law isn't terribly high on my agenda,

A personally attract on me personally . Now that character assignation

To top that up he then posting else where how people can easily get Greek residency and encourages it , knowing very well the only reason they want them is to get around the 90/180 rule ,
Seen the law isn't very high on his agenda too.

So he worked for 35 years big deal so have many of us and some are supporting the UK system even after retirement, while other can only moan about it .

This whole thread was about the new Greek extending their waters to 12 mile limit , it turn out to be who can google the best info on the Turkey and Greek history not much use to any one who cruising that I can see , so maybe I did everyone a favour after all .[/QUOTE]

Last edited: