Greece TL - Conversion of 18 Month to UTL

Sfalkner

Visit site
I am sure this has been answered in one of the many posts so I apologise in advance if it has.

It is getting close to the time when I hope to rejoin my boat in Greece. Wanting to comply with the Greek authorities, I need a TL but it seems quite likely that, although in theory I qualify for a UTL by being EU VAT compliant and laid up in Greece on 31.12.2020, I will only be issued with an 18 month TL. This would not be a catastrophe for me, but I would not want it to prevent me, in the future, from converting this to a UTL. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thank you.

Crisby

Visit site
Good morning, We are in a similar position but have seen no definitive answer to your question. I understand that discussions are ongoing to help the Greek customs to follow the rules laid out by the EU. I have also ‘heard/read’ somewhere that the requirement for transit logs maybe overlooked for UK boats this year until everything is sorted out.unfortunately I can’t find the source of this information but things do seem to be moving with regard to TLs, hopefully something will be published after Greek Easter.

Chris

KiK

Visit site
I am sure this has been answered in one of the many posts so I apologise in advance if it has.

It is getting close to the time when I hope to rejoin my boat in Greece. Wanting to comply with the Greek authorities, I need a TL but it seems quite likely that, although in theory I qualify for a UTL by being EU VAT compliant and laid up in Greece on 31.12.2020, I will only be issued with an 18 month TL. This would not be a catastrophe for me, but I would not want it to prevent me, in the future, from converting this to a UTL. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thank you.

KiK

Visit site
Hi,
Sorry for probably a silly question. Because wife and I we thinking about liveaboard in Greece, have to ask... what’s TL and UTL and differences ?
Thanks
Krystof

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Hi,
Sorry for probably a silly question. Because wife and I we thinking about liveaboard in Greece, have to ask... what’s TL and UTL and differences ?
Thanks
Krystof
Limited Transit log and a unlimited Transit log it your a british boat .

Last edited:
Reactions: KiK

Sfalkner

Visit site
Mr Cassandra,
Presumably when they said you were not allowed to move, that was for COVID reasons? Even so, it seems odd that they therefore say that you need no TL. Lots of different interpretations of the TL rules at the moment........

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Mr Cassandra,
Presumably when they said you were not allowed to move, that was for COVID reasons? Even so, it seems odd that they therefore say that you need no TL. Lots of different interpretations of the TL rules at the moment........

It's Greek , no movement means in their logic no Travel log .
If I cannot move to the next port ,why do I need a TL?
Simple

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I am in Lavrio port a big charter boat port ,Hope you are right ,but, just spoken with a greek friend that crews for me and told me restrictions not lifted for sail boat yet.

Again hope you are correct

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Only private sailing and fishing allegedly. Sorry I can't find the link that I read it off at the moment
to go to the greek islands (except lefkada, evia, salamis) by ferry or air it will be mandatory for vaccine certificate, PCR test, self test, hospitalisation certificate.
Above Posted by William Walsh ,this is my understanding also ,...Cannot find any reference to private sailing yet,or charter .
Perhaps later today

B&M

Visit site
I have read recently that travel to the islands will be allowed on a ferry with either a recent negative convid test or vaccine certificate. They do not mention private sailing, I am hoping that they will announce something positive on the 14th.