Greece E-Tepai..... Tip

Cariadco

Visit site
Been struggling all day (when not hitting the Mythos) filing in my E-Tepai.
It was kept going to the Temporarily Stored stage, all the time.. although the Data was entered the same, as last year.
So I kept going in and changing things, blindly trying to find what I did wrong.
Still no ide how I fixed it, but I did stumble across something unusual........that by hitting the Submit button twice, it makes it work.
Chris Rob got his to work in the same way!!

OldBawley

Visit site
Some shitty website, now I keep getting the “wrong password” Yesterday the password was OK.

Today…. Wrong. Reset password, guess what, “wrong password”

BurnitBlue

Visit site
I am dreading trying to jump through the hoops betwen the website, the magic machine in the bank, then the post office to pay 25 euro. Made worse because I cannot recall which grandmother I used last year, nor which registered port etc. At the very least I will have to dig out last years instructions from Chris Robb. I wish I was in Portugal.

I am seriously considering a "Launch and Go" to escape Greece ASAP.

For a country with an ecomomy that absolutly need tourists it is amazing how they are creating an atmosphere of bureaucratic nightmare with the scheme of the month. DEPKA, Transit log, E-tepai, VAT all under threat of a fine. For goodness sake I go to Greece for a holiday.

Not to mention the 90 day allowance and the threat of a big fine, deportation and banned from the EU for life.

Last edited:

Shaddickp

Visit site
'Cannot recall which grandmother I used....'. Once you've logged in you will be able to see last years entry and you can copy the details from that one.
Good luck, I've just renewed mine and the most difficult bit was actually using my online bank (First Direct) to make the payment. Although this is the third e-tepai I've paid for I had to set up the payee details all over again.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
'Cannot recall which grandmother I used....'. Once you've logged in you will be able to see last years entry and you can copy the details from that one.
Good luck, I've just renewed mine and the most difficult bit was actually using my online bank (First Direct) to make the payment. Although this is the third e-tepai I've paid for I had to set up the payee details all over again.
Thanks. That is a great help. My main problem last time was repeated attempts to get the form filled in and acceted I did not remember what I entered to get it accepted. Maybe now I can launch, stay afloat one month, then go.

Farmerwilliam

Visit site
Been struggling all day (when not hitting the Mythos) filing in my E-Tepai.
It was kept going to the Temporarily Stored stage, all the time.. although the Data was entered the same, as last year.
So I kept going in and changing things, blindly trying to find what I did wrong.
Still no ide how I fixed it, but I did stumble across something unusual........that by hitting the Submit button twice, it makes it work.
Chris Rob got his to work in the same way!!
Hi Will

I am getting confused and anxious about this. I remember that doing the last E-Tepai was very challenging. I am arriving in Greece in early June. As a reminder, I have a UK flagged boat that has been in Greece since 2017.

Is the E-Tepai mandatory ?
Is DEPKA dead ?
Do I need an Unlimited Transit Log UTL ?
Are the Corfu Customs asking for proof of UK /EU VAT paid ? What will they accept

What the bloody hell else do I need to do to continue to pump my money in to the anemic Greek economy ...

Farmerwilliam

Visit site
Also, if I want to escape this bureaucratic nightmare and sail back to UK in 2021, it seem that I either have to brave winter storms or pay another whack of VAT on arriving back in UK.

How much sympathy will a group well heeled and permatanned yachties get if we march on Westminster to protest at this outrage to our lifestyles while the government is dealing with Covid!!!

Saltydog461

Visit site
I am dreading trying to jump through the hoops betwen the website, the magic machine in the bank, then the post office to pay 25 euro. Made worse because I cannot recall which grandmother I used last year, nor which registered port etc. At the very least I will have to dig out last years instructions from Chris Robb. I wish I was in Portugal.

I am seriously considering a "Launch and Go" to escape Greece ASAP.

For a country with an ecomomy that absolutly need tourists it is amazing how they are creating an atmosphere of bureaucratic nightmare with the scheme of the month. DEPKA, Transit log, E-tepai, VAT all under threat of a fine. For goodness sake I go to Greece for a holiday.

Not to mention the 90 day allowance and the threat of a big fine, deportation and banned from the EU for life.
If you can log on to the AADE system with the same logon as last year you should be able to see your previous application to match details if you want to. That said I now have a different boat since last year so even the boat name changed and all went smoothly paying online. Day 0 set up the AADE page and bank payment. Day 1 it left my bank account and day 2 was showing as paid on the AADE page. Hope that helps you.

Farmerwilliam

Visit site
Etepai is terrible website. Trying to login but it either says my account is locked or wrong password. I have reset password twice. and unlocked about 5 times Aghhhhhhhh

I am relcuant to create a new log in as it may not permit as it already has my details. WTF am I supposed to do?

Mad Pad

Visit site
To be honest the stress and frustration of the whole thing was too much for me. I'm based in Gouvia and now use an agent.

The Tepai website is ridiculous.

If anyone wants the agent's contact details do PM me.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Etepai is terrible website. Trying to login but it either says my account is locked or wrong password. I have reset password twice. and unlocked about 5 times Aghhhhhhhh

I am relcuant to create a new log in as it may not permit as it already has my details. WTF am I supposed to do?
Have you remembered that part of the log in is your passport number?

BurnitBlue

Visit site
If you can log on to the AADE system with the same logon as last year you should be able to see your previous application to match details if you want to. That said I now have a different boat since last year so even the boat name changed and all went smoothly paying online. Day 0 set up the AADE page and bank payment. Day 1 it left my bank account and day 2 was showing as paid on the AADE page. Hope that helps you.
All help appreciated. You are the second person to mention on line payment. I would never risk it. I would be concerned that repeated attempts to complete the trsnsaction (Greek style) that every failed attempt would deduct 25 euro from my bank. I will give it ONE go. If it fails I will be gone from Greece. Life is too short to waste my allowance of stress shouting at a laptop.

Edit. I am not being honest, it is my intention to sail to the Caribbean anyway. Covid (indian varient) permitting.

Last edited:

Chris_Robb

Visit site
All help appreciated. You are the second person to mention on line payment. I would never risk it. I would be concerned that repeated attempts to complete the trsnsaction (Greek style) that every failed attempt would deduct 25 euro from my bank. I will give it ONE go. If it fails I will be gone from Greece. Life is too short to waste my allowance of stress shouting at a laptop.

Edit. I am not being honest, it is my intention to sail to the Caribbean anyway. Covid (indian varient) permitting.
Hi - just follow my instructions - cut and paste Iban codes and account numbers, use AADE as the payeee, and just make sure you ONLY USE THE FRIST 20 DIGITS OF THE PAYMENT CODE. Any help you might give them like the name of your boat will make the transaction fail....
Its an easy process and mine cleared through with Barclays on the same day - by the way Barclays is I think the only True SEPA interface in our bancks so no confusing fields and extra fields for note to recipient etc - even a dash there will cause the system to fail, as non sepea system concatenate the 2 references..... It easy to do. -

Shaddickp

Visit site
Also when setting up the details for the payee dont get too hung up about their address, on my payment details I just have AADE, Athens, and as Chris has pointed out the key part is the first 20 characters of the epavarola document you will receive in an email from AADE after you submit your application.
Good luck with it, personally I still think Greece is worth this little extra bother, especially when moored a small delightful harbour with a handful of other boats, sat by the waterside drinking a beer. I remind myself that if that same place were anywhere in the UK it would be rammed full, and all waterside drinking establishments would be trendy bars or gastro pubs.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Hi - just follow my instructions - cut and paste Iban codes and account numbers, use AADE as the payeee, and just make sure you ONLY USE THE FRIST 20 DIGITS OF THE PAYMENT CODE. Any help you might give them like the name of your boat will make the transaction fail....
Its an easy process and mine cleared through with Barclays on the same day - by the way Barclays is I think the only True SEPA interface in our bancks so no confusing fields and extra fields for note to recipient etc - even a dash there will cause the system to fail, as non sepea system concatenate the 2 references..... It easy to do. -
Thanks, I will follow your instructions and hope for the best. I have just today read a report that stress caused by todays uncertainty of day by day outcome is actually killing people or making them very ill. Will it work, wont it work, can I board a flight, is my PCR test OK, will they let me in, can I fly home in three weeks. Will I catch Covid. Etc. Our stress levels are already through the roof. Thanks as always for your effort dealing with Greek rules. I don't know where you get the patience.

andrewAB

Visit site
I struggled to login until I used the "Reset Documentation" option to allow re-entry of passport number and a new password and then everything went smoothly from there. Yes it was a bit confusing having to hit "submit" multiple times. Showed as paid the next day!

Big THANK YOU to Chris_Rob for helping to make this system somewhat usable and sorting out the UTL for VAT paid SSR boats!!

Andrew

OldBawley

Visit site
Last year I made a stupid mistake. I paid online using an old eparvollo number. Had some old eparvollos in my laptop and copy´d the long reference number from an old eparvollo. Stupidstupid.

I then noticed my mistake, took contact with my bank who “could not do anything”

The Greek Aade site sent my money back some hours later. Apparently the app notices the mistake and refuses the payment.