Great night had by all and a big thanks

studgies

www.marvinmarine.co.uk
Well the Mercury meet has happened and I can say a great night was had by all!

Many thanks to Brendan for working a minor miracle and getting it all arranged! We owe you one big man......hmm, I never did get that snog!!

Also have to said the MDL team were great, it is a long time since I went to a marina and the dockmaster actually came to meet me and take the lines! All of the team seemed to be in good humour at all time, even I believe when the fished a couple of forumites out of the water!!

Another thanks to the team in the restaurant at Mercury, the food was good and plentiful and I can thoroughly recommend their breakfasts!!!

Roll on the next one!!!

BrendanS

Visit site
It was a great night, or at least I assume it was judging by the state I was in this morning! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I blame Mrs StrakerYrius who constantly filled up my wine glass everytime it looked remotely empty, so if I was talking complete tosh later in the evening, I apologise profusely!!!! (I thought I'd get a pre-emptive apology in first! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

I think I managed to meet most people there, though my recollection is a bit hazy.

So good to meet so many people for the first time, as well as old friends.

Many thanks to all the staff at MDL Mercury, and at Waters Edge, for making it a great event.

Also many thanks to all the forumites that helped with publicising the event etc, and the many offers that we didn't take up (for a variety of reasons) with everything from lamb barbeques (2 lambs, and the gear to spit roast them) to printing.

[2068]

Visit site
Sore heads all around on Flower Power this morning.
And to cap it all, the 4 yr old woke up at FIVE THIRTY AM.

We resisted the temptation to set her adrift in a tender or simply plant her on someone elses boat.

Other than that, good food, good crowd - a great event overall.
Many thanks to Brendan, MDL (both for the sponsorship, and taking the lines of the arriving boats!) and the others that contributed to making it happen.

dave,lou,faye,sophie
Flower Power

powerskipper

www.facebook.com
Yes a BIG thank you for all the hard work involved. It was great to meet you all and sorry did not get to talk to everyone.
There were a lot of cameras going off so I think there will be pictures appearing once everyone is back home/work.

It was a great night. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Elessar

Visit site
Yep - thank you to you and your helpers and it was great to put a face to the name.

BTW it was my wife and our guest that managed to wrestle themselves into the Hamble at about 1230 am as we staggered back onto the boat.

These are the first 2 adults I've lost off the boat, although I've lost the kids a few times in the past when they've been oafing around. I do apologise for the noise as they decided whose fault it was and they objected to my moaning about the water on my deck.

The MDL dockmaster not only put his own money into the tumbler to finish off the drying of her jeans but then delivered them back to the boat at about 130 as I finished a final nightcap. Now that's service! I guess he knew it would have been my fault the next day if she had "nothing to wear"

Rarely has bacon and eggs tasted so good - the sign of a good night the night before.

thanks again!

BrendanS

Visit site
I did hear about a dunking in the water when I popped into the office this morning to thank them again for all their assistance with everything /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Glad no serious harm done.

Elessar

Visit site
no harm it was serves their right!

My wife did mourn the passing of her phone, known as "Jesus" as she dropped it down the toilet on Good Friday 2 years ago, it cam back to life on Easter Sunday after 2 days in the airing cupboard. So apart form killing "Jesus" no harm........

Saddletramp

Visit site
Good to meet everyone, well those that I met any way. Thanks again Brendan for all your hard work. Met some nice East coast people.....They look just like us. Didn't get a chance to check for webbed feet though.
Sorry to have missed the swimming event. Maybe next year.

peterandjeanette

Visit site
Yep, agree with all on here.

Well done Brendan, MDL and all concerned with the organising. Must have been difficult with all the cry-offs.

Sorry we had to leave early. It's a long drive back to Stratford on Avon. Good to meet other forumites and renew old friends.

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
Well the four year old sounded charming from the other side of the marina aisle and our harbour flag will for every more be known as "The Baddie"!
Can I add my thanks to the organisers and MDL. Very impressive to have my first radio call returned by someone who was expecting me and then came out to take our lines.
MDL even refunded the dues paid by a certain forumite who arrived at the wrong marina!

FullCircle

Visit site
Yep, we had a really great time too. Nice to put names and faces together, and to meet again some old forumites.

What next? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Yes, I would like to extend my thanks to all concerned, its no easy task organising an event like this. Great to meet even more forum friends in real life.

I'd like to also thank all those who expressed an interest in helping us with KIDS OUT in June, a good response after Full Circle made an impromptu announcement! Thanks Jim. I just hope that all those who promised to help can remember now the drink has worn off! To be fair I have already had PM's this morning confirming help.

mjf

w.london - boat on solent- RIB on Tidal Thames
Visit site
Brendan - I posted a thanks on the Mobo forum forgetting again that this was here!

Excellent fun and brill job in getting this put together.

Unsure how i missed the swimming as Mrs TCM and I were sorting the world out with a 'hat of the night' when the action was reported.

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk
Yep great night...
well done to all....
Ive rarely gone to an event in one mode of transport and return in another...
so thanks to Galadrial and KevB for putting up with on the passages.

and the next event (for the East coast at least) is Pirate weekend in the Walton Backwaters.....suitable for kids of all sizes..... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

l'escargot

Visit site
I would like to add my thanks to Brendan for organising, the restaurant staff for their hard work in making sure all the wine donated by MDL was being drunk and the very efficient and friendly marina staff who took the lines and came round to see that everything was alright. Mercury and the Watesedge will be the destination for future visits to the Hamble. Also pleasant company and good to be able to put some faces to names.

Vanilla

Visit site
Also a very big thanks from me to Brendan, MDL and Waters Edge for a great night. What a great bunch of people and no punch ups about anchors, Col regs, or mobos vs raggies! Brendan thanks too for leaving a seat at your table so I had a warm welcome as a neebie. So it was Mrs StrakerYrius I can blame for feeling a little delicate on Sunday morning and half the afternoon. Just hope she managed to fill her up own glass too!