Great news for Pip Hare !

TLouth7

Visit site
Great! I have never heard of them and having visited their website am none the wiser about what they actually do. It must have been a tough time to persuade companies to part with serious amounts of cash.

Laser310

Visit site
Great! I have never heard of them and having visited their website am none the wiser about what they actually do. It must have been a tough time to persuade companies to part with serious amounts of cash.

What..? it's as clear as..., well.., something...

from their website:

About Medallia
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management.

Medallia’s award-winning SaaS platform, the Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for customers, employees and citizens. Medallia captures experience signals created on daily journeys in person, digital and IoT interactions and applies proprietary AI technology to reveal personalized and predictive insights that can drive action with tremendous business results. Using Medallia Experience Cloud, customers can reduce churn, turn detractors into promoters and buyers, and create in-the-moment cross-sell and up-sell opportunities, providing clear and potent returns on investment.

Lightwave395

Visit site
Basically I believe they provide a service to clients ( think free wifi at shopping centres ) whereby anyone who logs on is tracked as regards where they visit, what they buy and probably what they had for breakfast..
Great for Pip anyway !

Laser310

Visit site
Basically I believe they provide a service to clients ( think free wifi at shopping centres ) whereby anyone who logs on is tracked as regards where they visit, what they buy and probably what they had for breakfast..
Great for Pip anyway !

i've heard of that but struggle to imagine why anyone would log on to wifi at a shopping center.

it seems like a hassle, and i have a cellular data plan that i rarely come close to using fully

Lightwave395

Visit site
i've heard of that but struggle to imagine why anyone would log on to wifi at a shopping center.

it seems like a hassle, and i have a cellular data plan that i rarely come close to using fully
You're probably not in the 14 - 22 age range with a PAYG phone then, the teenagers flock to these places to hang out with their mates and spend their parents cash !

Fantasie 19

Visit site
I wonder what Medallia are expecting from sponsoring Pip??? Immensely pleased for Pip (I don't think I know anyone who works harder!) but I'm kind of confused as to "why and what"... with the best will in the world even Pip would agree she's not a front runner, the race is exciting as hell to me, but I suspect no one else in my house, so extrapolating that 80-90% of the population are uninterested..

RobbieW

Visit site

You don't need to login to the free WiFi, just leave the phone WiFi on. That's sufficient to track you, knowing who you are is less important

Sandy

Visit site
I wonder what Medallia are expecting from sponsoring Pip??? Immensely pleased for Pip (I don't think I know anyone who works harder!) but I'm kind of confused as to "why and what"... with the best will in the world even Pip would agree she's not a front runner, the race is exciting as hell to me, but I suspect no one else in my house, so extrapolating that 80-90% of the population are uninterested..
More like 99.999999% of the population.

The VG is the only sailing "race" that I am interested in and not that exciting. It is the sheer courage and skill of the participants that interests me. Unlike the nutty Golden Globe where there is some form of very strange nostalgia going on by Don.

Laser310

Visit site

It would be interesting to know what they are paying for this sponsorship - I would guess not very much..., so the return would not need to be very great

it's fairly late to be picking up a major sponsor - i can imagine that the team felt under some pressure to get whatever they could at this point, and were inclined to accept less than most might guess is normal

flaming

Visit site
it's fairly late to be picking up a major sponsor - i can imagine that the team felt under some pressure to get whatever they could at this point, and were inclined to accept less than most might guess is normal

Not my place to comment really, but I will say that this is somewhat wide of the mark.

HissyFit

Visit site
I'll tell you what they'd expect, and what they are getting: brand recognition. They already have a forum full of people talking about who they are and what they do. Maybe you are disinterested, but given what they do, I don't think that you are their intended audience. Not everything is advertised to a retail market, and Medallia are retail sector service providers.

Yealm

Visit site
That's absolutely amazing news for her !
I remember going mini sailing with her in Lorient - she was living out of van, so much harder for the Brits to get sponsorship.

Birdseye

Visit site
You're probably not in the 14 - 22 age range with a PAYG phone then, the teenagers flock to these places to hang out with their mates and spend their parents cash !
I reckon thats a fair comment on YBW forumites! :D many of whom have not turned on / cant find their mobile phone.

Birdseye

Visit site
It's knowing when to switch it off that counts.
And remembering to charge it, something my wife rarely does. Bit like petrol in her car come to think of it.

But good on Pip Hare. Have always had a soft spot for strong gutsy women. And no vulgar comments about the soft spot please!

mobeydick

Visit site

Customer Experience (CX) management. Provides a service (SaaS) to large companies to help them understand what is going wrong (and what is going right) with customer and employee interactions. e.g. being on hold a long time for a call centre is BAD, but a bit more subtle than that. Used by Vanguard US (the financial products company) among others. Usually, SaaS products are sold at an initial lowish charge, which ramps up as number of users increase, and theoretical benefits are proven.

A big problem for this type of company is to overcome the 'never heard of them' challenge.