Great job for a youngish boater

doris

Visit site
A mate of mine in recruitment has a terrific opportunity for a youngish boater. If anyone has an offspring, or the like, they might be interested.

Head Watersport Instructor, Caribbean Island
Our client a luxury island resort in the Caribbean require a head Watersport Instructor. Reporting to the Activities Manager, the head Watersports Instructor is responsible for managing the Activities Instructors and organising guest activities to provide the best and safest level of activities to guests.

Required Background and experience
5 years minimum working in Watersports as an instructor.
2 years management experience in Watersports/ activities industry
Proven leadership skills and people management skills
Water sports qualifications: Senior BKSA or IKO kitesurfing Level 2, RYA Senior Dinghy Instructor
Must hold RYA power boat level 2 and RYA Safety Boat certificates or equivalent.
Powerboat Instructor certificate desirable.
RYA Advanced Powerboat or Yachtmaster Offshore certificates desirable.
Medical response and First Aid certification

Duties
Ensure the Necker Watersports experience is delivered safely and to an exceptionally high standard
Maintain all of the kit
Encourage guests to partake in diving
Lead the activities team on a daily basis, booking guests’ lessons and excursions, running daily meetings,
Assist other departments when necessary in carrying out their task

The range of the role includes
Day to day guest activities. This will range from teaching lessons, running guest activities to guest excursions.
Preparing, setting up and packing down guest areas
Proving safety cover for guest activities
Maintaining all Watersports equipment ensuring regular inventory as well as maintenance and safety checks are carried out to ensure that all equipment is kept in excellent condition
Adhering to all activities operating procedures and safety protocols
Driving outboard boats
Cleaning boats
Collecting and dropping guest luggage on arrival and departure days
General Admin, creating Purchase Orders, ordering stock, keeping inventory.

Salary & Package
35,000 US Dollars annually (subject to some local taxation)
Share of the island’s gratuity
24 days per year plus public holidays
Accommodation provided
Food allowance
Flights
Medical cover

Application with CV to Nick Metcalfe, Chess Partnership
Nick.metcalfe@chess-partnership.com

Babylon

Visit site
I can think of few jobs worse than being a Hey You to a bunch of rich holiday makers.

If you can temporarily remove the sack of spuds from your shoulder, would you differentiate between:
  • British, American, European and Other holidaymakers?
  • Poorer, financially comfortable and wealthier holidaymakers?
Or is yours just a massive generalisation infused with 'unconscious bias'? :unsure:

rotrax

South Oxon, Littlehampton and Wellington, NZ.
Visit site
If you can temporarily remove the sack of spuds from your shoulder, would you differentiate between:
Or is yours just a massive generalisation infused with 'unconscious bias'? :unsure:

See post #3.

Our friends daughter was really pleased to get back to Europe and a similar job.

prv

Visit site
“Necker Watersports” - presumably then this is to be on Richard Branson's private island.

I originally wrote "to be Richard Branson's boat-boy", but on looking it up I see the place is advertised for random (albeit wealthy) holidaymakers - presumably similarly to how superyachts are often on charter when the owner isn't on board.

So "newtothis" did have it about right.

Pete

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
I can think of few jobs worse than being a Hey You to a bunch of rich holiday makers.
Sometimes its not even a 'Hey you', but a click of the fingers... It is regrettable that a few very wealthy people forget how to treat other people with respect and common courtesy.

Similar( but perhaps worse) than being in charge of the toys on a super yacht that's put out to charter. Looks glamorous but in reality is often a (pile of excrement) job. The salary as advertised isn't even that attractive.

newtothis

Visit site
Not quite sure what is triggering you, but let's just say I'm differentiating based on people who can afford prices like these.
Nothing on my shoulders at all, other than an exposure to the service industry as a youngster. In my experience, the types of people that can afford $5k-$7k a night don't make the best customers to work for.

dom

Visit site
A mate of mine in recruitment has a terrific opportunity for a youngish boater. If anyone has an offspring, or the like, they might be interested.

Ensure the Necker Watersports experience is delivered safely and to an exceptionally high standard
Maintain all of the kit
Encourage guests to partake in diving
Lead the activities team on a daily basis, booking guests’ lessons and excursions, running daily meetings,
Assist other departments when necessary in carrying out their task

The range of the role includes
Day to day guest activities. This will range from teaching lessons, running guest activities to guest excursions.
Preparing, setting up and packing down guest areas
Proving safety cover for guest activities
Maintaining all Watersports equipment ensuring regular inventory as well as maintenance and safety checks are carried out to ensure that all equipment is kept in excellent condition
Adhering to all activities operating procedures and safety protocols
Driving outboard boats
Cleaning boats
Collecting and dropping guest luggage on arrival and departure days
General Admin, creating Purchase Orders, ordering stock, keeping inventory.

Salary & Package
35,000 US Dollars annually (subject to some local taxation)
Share of the island’s gratuity
24 days per year plus public holidays
Accommodation provided
Food allowance
Flights
Medical cover

Application with CV to Nick Metcalfe, Chess Partnership
Nick.metcalfe@chess-partnership.com

USD 35,000 for doing what seems like at least two people's job and being a busboy on the side!

Great job advert though to spur kids on with their studies :)

dom

Visit site
Not quite sure what is triggering you, but let's just say I'm differentiating based on people who can afford prices like these.
Nothing on my shoulders at all, other than an exposure to the service industry as a youngster. In my experience, the types of people that can afford $5k-$7k a night don't make the best customers to work for.

We start life capital poor but rich in the hours and ideas we can contribute to society. Roll forward Lady Time and we have less working hours left but are richer in capital and possibly wisdom. Totally natural.

As for people who can afford $5-7k a night, they will contain the full spectrum of humanity just like any other income level: total tossers at one end, absolute diamonds on the other.

Nuts and damaging for young people to develop a chip on their shoulder before they even start. After all, almost any firm they work for will be owned by a rich person!

Babylon

Visit site

Fair enough. I must apologise. I misunderstood the context... I don't have much experience of the extreme end of the bell-curve!

doris

Visit site
Wow. I am amazed at the curmudgeonly and negative attitude from some people who seem to resent the very concept of wealth, still each to their own.

I have had a reasonable number of holidays where I have got to know the beach staff and they seem to have a lot of fun and get paid for it. All jobs, especially retail, entail dealing with some difficult customers, that's life. The world is full of different people, some rich, some less so, some complete a***holes, some less so. The amount of money they have is, IMHO, irrelevant. If you see it differently maybe the problem is yours.

The young(ish) person who might get this job will walk away after a year with $25k+ in their pocket, unless they are very careless with their pocket money. In the current climate I wouldn't have thought that was too shabby.
The very sad people on this thread who haven't worked out that if you don't like something, just move on, need to get out for their one hour of exercise a bit more regularly.

Come next autumn there will be somebody out in the sunshine on a decent wage, all found, whilst the rest of us stuck in a wet and miserable Blighty. Lucky them.

fredrussell

Visit site
I bought a vehicle (tenuous connection, I know!) from someone who was the tennis pro on Branson’s island resort. He said the tips he received were very generous indeed. Whenever he said his tennis coaching was fully included in price they often ignored him and just tucked it into his shirt pocket anyway. He made a great deal more than his salary this way. The downside was that he would often be summoned at very antisocial hours and be expected to leap out of bed and go coach. He said it was hard graft but in a few years paid for a house back home.