Graham - Porlock pictures

bluedragon

Visit site
Graham, good to see you got this section up and running. On the archive forum you have Porlock pictures...I've got some good ones also from last year. But my question is, when I poked my nose in there I couldn't see any visitors moorings in the Pool...and now there doesn't seem to be a Harbour Master either. What do you tie-up to??

graham

Visit site
Re forum .Not me .Keith did the work I just pestered him /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

When I went over to Porlock about 2 weeks ago there were a couple of moorings in the pool.If you went in on the top of a spring tide they may have been submerged?Certainly they were heavy to pull aboard .Due to my boat being shorter than most I get the stern mooring on and connect to the bow mooring with 10 foot of rope. Most times I have been to Porlock there has been a yacht or two allready in the pool so I have just rafted up.

Picture here shows the moorings.There only held up with old fenders in the middle of the connecting line.
PP.jpg

bluedragon

Visit site
Ah..yes...I saw the old fender (and thought it was just an old fender!!)...so that's attached to the centre rope of a trot mooring? OK now I know. Many thanks. Porlock next time instead of Watchet then /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS - how much water is in the pool at LW? Any idea? We draw 4ft.

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Look here:

[url=http://www.cbyc.co.uk/gallery

Edit- Don't think that worked!
Go to CBYC website then gallery then 'the channel'

graham

Visit site
4 foot should be OK .Poke about with a boathook to make sure your in the deepest bit.

The steps were Ok at highwater. Going ashore at low water I found the least muddiest bit was ahead of the boat called Dobbin then up an iron ladder. Pays to take a bin bag for your boots and clean shoes for the pub.

graham

Visit site
I thin k they all belong to someone but Vacant ones are used sometimes by visitors with bilge keels .