• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

IN ADDITION it seems that conspiracy theories are finding their way onto the forum. This is not the place for such content. Users who post it may find their access limited or permanently suspended. Please leave it where you find it.

Got to feel for Ari Huusela

Frogmogman

As he himself has said “now I can say I have had enough of the Doldrums so it does not feel so exciting for me.”

Daydream believer

Well, yes, but I think we'd feel sorrier for you if your lounge at home was doing 15 knots
My new Brompton E-bike,will do that speed, but I am not sure how the local plod would take to me whizzing round the village just yet
So until Boris gives us the all clear, I am stuck in the lounge
Got plenty of reading though. The wife has found me some more phone books (y)

capnsensible

Right now I am not doing any %%% knots. So how about a post feeling sorry for me in the doldrums in my lounge at home during lockdown :cry:
I read this just before I went out this morning. So when we were tootling round Bocayna Straits at around two knots, I sent a mental message to you to cheer you up. 👍😎

Daydream believer

I read this just before I went out this morning. So when we were tootling round Bocayna Straits at around two knots, I sent a mental message to you to cheer you up. 👍😎
THANKS. :rolleyes: Knowing that whilst I am stuck indoors, you are out having a tootle has really cheered me up o_O
I expect every lockdown addict reading this post feels sooooo much happier now :)

Any body got any phone books to do swoppsies on. I have nearly read all mine.
Was going to try the audio versions but apparently the police take a dim view.

Last edited:

capnsensible

THANKS. :rolleyes: Knowing that whilst I am stuck indoors, you are out having a tootle has really cheered me up o_O
I expect every lockdown addict reading this post feels sooooo much happier now :)

Any body got any phone books to do swoppsies on. I have nearly read all mine.
Was going to try the audio versions but apparently the police take a dim view.
I aim to please. Did I mention how sunny and warm it was too? 😏

fredrussell

Koeketiene, what boat have you? I was impressed you could go up to the mast and she steered herself with ( it looks like) no tiller pilot.

Koeketiene

Koeketiene, what boat have you? I was impressed you could go up to the mast and she steered herself with ( it looks like) no tiller pilot.
Boat: Standfast 36
I do have an autopilot. A rather ancient Autohelm (with hydraulic ram straight on the quadrant) which seems to be holding up well.

fredrussell

Boat: Standfast 36
I do have an autopilot. A rather ancient Autohelm (with hydraulic ram straight on the quadrant) which seems to be holding up well.
Ah, I see. Your tiller didn’t seem to be moving at all when left, but perhaps I’m used to mine, which corrects a bit more than yours. I’m guessing your boat is a bit more directionally stable than my 31 footer. Apols for thread drift OP.