• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

Goss stuff

G

Anyone know latest on where Team Philips is ? Has it definately sunk ?

I note on their website that GOSS has gone into liquidation and the rowing trip is also canned.

What a nightmare.

snowleopard

Last I heard

I heard they'd picked up a signal from the EPIRB about a month after they gave up but there was no more in the press. Worth remembering that multis don't sink.
Three Cheers turned up (in bits) on the coast of Iceland after being lost in the 1976 OSTAR. Gulf Streamer, another tri, capsized on the way to the start of the same race and was eventually salvaged by some Russians on its way to the white sea. I suspect we haven't heard the last of T P!

longjohnsilver

Re: Last I heard

On the local SW news tonight were reports that wreckage has been spotted off Ireland and part of a hull has also turned up in Iceland.