Gosport Thursday?

bedouin

Visit site
Anyone else planning to be around in Gosport on Thursday evening?

I'm planning to rendevous with my crew in a local hostelry that evening and I wonder if anyone else will be about.

Probably going to "The Castle" but open to better suggestions from someone with local knowledge - particularly interested in somewhere that serves food late....

<hr width=100% size=1>

bedouin

Visit site
I'm actually at Gosport Boatyard - which is just next door to Gosport Marina

<hr width=100% size=1>

dom

Visit site
We will be in gosport marina thursday night and plan to set off friday morning. A beer sounds like a great idea.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tome

www.google.co.uk
Dom

I'm putting together a contact list for skippers/boats/mobile phones for this event.
I don't have any details of your boat apart from First 47.7. could you PM me:

name of boat
name of skipper
mobile number
MMSI (if applicable)

I'll be circulating these details to all skippers later today
Cheers
Tom

<hr width=100% size=1>

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Cutter and I have had a seperate discussion about meeting up in Haslar, as we might head there from Hythe. Maybe Jimi and co too. How far is it from Haslar to your suggested boozer? Staggering distance?

<hr width=100% size=1>Sex is like sailing - its not the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean which matters.

jimi

Visit site
We're now planning to meet up at Hythe thursday PM and decide whether to St Vaast thursday overnight or friday (weather). If not xchanneling thursday PM then Gosport an option.

<hr width=100% size=1>

bedouin

Visit site
The Castle is pretty well the nearest boozer to Haslar, about 5 mins walk from the back door. The alternative for Haslar itself is the lightship - but I'm not entirely sure I like the new format - anyone know what hours the Lightship serves food?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Goodge

Visit site
Assuming you are crossing on Friday are you guys going straight to Cherbourg or St Vaast on Friday ?

We were planning on leaving Marchwood Thursday evening for Yarmouth then go to St Vaast early Friday PM.

<hr width=100% size=1>

robp

Visit site
Yes, we plan to leave Port Solent at around 1830 and tie up in Camper & Nics' as soon as we can. So we'll be in the Castle somewhen after that.

Cheers
Rob

<hr width=100% size=1>

bedouin

Visit site
We're not sure whether to go to St Vaast on Friday - I think that will be something that is decided in the pub on Thursday night, or even about mid way across the channel on Friday.

<hr width=100% size=1>

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
We won't know until tomorrow evening when we have got together at the marina, considered the forecast and the views of the crew, then sailed to Portsmouth. Looks like others might be there, anyway.

<hr width=100% size=1>Sex is like sailing - its not the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean which matters.

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Snap. I am not sure of the value of going to St.Vaast arriving in the evening, too late for a decent nosh then getting up in the morning to sail to Cherbourg. Might as well go straight to Cherbourg.

We shall see..... still might go straight to St Vaast Thursday night !!!

bedouin

Visit site
Exactly.

PM gates open at 1730 local, in order for it to be worthwhile you would want to get there about that time (1630 BST). Planning a 75Mile crossing at 5 kts means departing about 0200. Much later and there is little point going to St Vaast at all, especially given the forecast for Sat.

I suspect that a 0200 departure will not look too attractive when we're sitting in The Castle at 2300 /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

zephyrsailor

Visit site
i live/loiter/keep boat in gosport so its only a 2 minute bike ride to the castle. let me know if your going to meet up there.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.yachtcruises.co.uk>http://www.yachtcruises.co.uk</A>

bedouin

Visit site
In the absence of any better suggestions "The Castle" it is then.

My motley crew with rendevous there probably some time between 8:30 and 9:00 - hopefully others will join us there for a pre-departure skippers briefing and maybe even the odd beverage

<hr width=100% size=1>