• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

Good youtuber

Fittster

There are tons of attractive young couples sharing the circumnavigations on youtube sailing a wide variety of yachts.

Away from that style of video I like those of Roger Barnes, who does very well produced dinghy cruising videos.

Roger Barnes

steveeasy

There is some great stuff to watch all though some bore me with the continued requests to like and share so they get more money.
Steveeasy

moondancer2

There is some great stuff to watch all though some bore me with the continued requests to like and share so they get more money.
Steveeasy
To be fair producing decent content and then getting people to pay for a life sailing in warm weather is a pretty good trick.

cherod

Patrick laine has been around for a long time , one of the few watchables

38mess

Same here, I watched all of this guy's videos. Sam Holmes is watchable as is Delos and Ran sailing.

Mark-1

I find myself watching sailing videos rather than the crap tv we now have and came accross this guy. I like his style and he never seems to get flustered.
Patrick Laine
...and doing it all in a seemingly bog standard AWB with an electric autopilot and a fridge... Brilliant.

steveeasy

I think permanent holiday would drive anyone nuts. Thankfully there are almost no people who can afford that, especially YouTubers!
We never set out to earn money from it. Bullshit. Mugs hand over stupid amounts of money to keep some of these in a life of luxury. Still people can do whatever they want with their own cash.

lustyd

You're confusing permanent holiday with working like a dog for enough to maintain a sailing lifestyle. These people work a lot harder than most people give them credit for. The ones that don't won't be online for long or sailing for that matter. Yes there are a couple who earn a lot, but they stiol put more effort in that you'll ever know, sourcing and supplying merchandise, managing comms etc. it's more than my full time job requires and even the good ones don't make much more than a good job.
Also, what's your problem if they did set out to make money? Everyone needs a job, and sailing is a nice one. You think Tom Cunliffe does it for the love?

Pagetslady

We never set out to earn money from it. Bullshit. Mugs hand over stupid amounts of money to keep some of these in a life of luxury. Still people can do whatever they want with their own cash.
I always thought I was a mug, thank you for confirming it, must be thousands of us on this forum, perhaps we should set up our own forum.

steveeasy

You're confusing permanent holiday with working like a dog for enough to maintain a sailing lifestyle. These people work a lot harder than most people give them credit for. The ones that don't won't be online for long or sailing for that matter. Yes there are a couple who earn a lot, but they stiol put more effort in that you'll ever know, sourcing and supplying merchandise, managing comms etc. it's more than my full time job requires and even the good ones don't make much more than a good job.
Also, what's your problem if they did set out to make money? Everyone needs a job, and sailing is a nice one. You think Tom Cunliffe does it for the love?
I don't have a problem with them setting out to make money. I have a problem when people say they did not set out with that intention when actually it's blatent ly obvious they did. It's personal opinion anyway. Lots don't rub it in your face.some like Erik do it diplomatically and some make me puke. Steveeasy