Good walk around decks and 2 side doors - any alternatives??

Halsey

Visit site
Hi,

We love our recently acquired Aquador 32C but if possible we would like a little more "luxury".

Taking a budget max of £175k and max length of 40ft is there anything out there that I haven't reviewed that has the following features - an integral bathing platform with good width/depth when used side on, good safe/wide walk around decks and 2 side doors - these are absolute requirements (hence the Aquador!).

I'll await replies with interest/anticipation.................

Cheers

Solent Sailor

Visit site
I would say SeaRanger 448 which would more than amply meet your requirements, but its a bit bigger than you want. Are you sure you wouldn't like a few more feet?

Mr Googler

Visit site
Maybe a bit more detail on what you’ve already considered and intended use.

it saves a lot of faffing about and avoids people suggesting the stunning searanger….only to be told you want inland use etc….

Greg2

Visit site
Our Hardy 36 has two side doors and wide decks but the bathing platform isn’t integral and isn’t so good for side on access, although it would be possible to modify it to achieve this. To be fair access to the side deck from a pontoon is so easy that we don’t miss not being able to step onto the bathing platform from the side.

The Viking Marin mentioned in the Viki thread appears to tick some of your desired boxes.

Halsey

Visit site
Just covering everything so far .....
We love the Hardy 32 and 36 (we used to have a 25 SE) but getting an old Labrador on using side access only won't work - we cruise river severn mainly weekend fun/cottaging but want the capability to go to Portishead Cardiff bay etc when we gain confidence - we are VERY long term canal users who have "seen the light"
Viking Marin is not good on comfort in loo and galley and don't need flybridge and a bit too small
J

Halsey

Visit site
Haines 32 (offshore) was/is at the top of my list pre this post but they are very hard to find with 2 side doors and only the nearly new ones have good side use platforms - I missed one at the turn of the year still regretting it - but I don't think it would be enough of an improvement to merit £100k additional expenditure over our Aquador

I was hoping there was an obvious one I had missed -the trawler 34 is great but the flybridge isn't needed and probably won't be used due to age related agility issues - still like it though!

Keep it coming.

Ferris

Visit site
Did I link the new one? ?

The 1st gen had a sedan version also. I dare say the flybridge ones are just plonked on, sedan and fly are the same roof underneath. I would imagine the sedan is more popular in Europe.

TheCoach

Visit site
I really like the ST34's just they are still a bit spendy - and can't get past the ladder access to the fly, I know its not relevant for you @Halsey but it is the one thing I don't like about the Beneteau designs :(

Given you have an Aquador already I presume you have done the rounds with the other Scandi boats, Sargo, Nimbus etc?

Cheers,

TC

Switch

Visit site
Targa 37 or 42? I have a 42 moored next to me. It looks a sturdy piece of kit and has walk around side decks and a sliding door.

Halsey

Visit site
Targa 37 or 42? I have a 42 moored next to me. It looks a sturdy piece of kit and has walk around side decks and a sliding door.

A bit outside my budget I'm afraid - ................

I think the ST34 has come out best of the rest on this thread so far - and it is something I hadn't found myself (but am I allowed to say its not got enough wood inside to really push my buttons) - my pre thread contender was the Haines offshore (with the side door option) and the Hardy 36 but the Hardys' lack of platform is a big fail for us.

I am going to look at Trawler Yachts much more for now - this is an end of season sale/purchase ready for next season proposition .................

Last edited: