Good news from Poole?

brianhumber

Visit site
It seems the Poole HM and CE of the Marina are very happy with their visitor numbers this year and are 'sticking to their guns' over charges. Well, I for one am very happy that fools and their money are being parted, it keeps them away from places like Carentan and other far better ports than Poole. £12 a night wins every time over £43 a night in my book.

G

I am 'voting with my keel'.
Poole was a long time favourite, but I shall be looking for a quiet(!) mid-week anchorage and staying well clear of the new facility.
Power to the people!

Avalon

phaon.dnsdojo.net
Re: Well they would say that, wouldn\'t they?

I went into Poole on the August Bank Holiday weekend. The new Marina was packed so I tied up on the quay with a load of other boats - just like in the good old days.

And nobody charged me a penny!

Phaon Reid, S/Y Avalon of Arne
www.sailingontheweb.com

Footpad

Visit site
Poole has several good anchorages as long as your keel isn't too deep and it is always possible to pick up an empty mooring, not much use if you want to spend the evening at a pub or in a restaurant though.

I think they are right there is a demand for what they are offering, many newer boating types can't go for more than 4-5 hrs without a shower and have plenty of money to splash around. They will usually be full. What I object to is the removal of choice from us who liked the old Town Quay atmosphere and prices and didn't require 5* facilities.