Golden Globe Challenge 2018

Tintin

Visit site
Last time I looked at this you could only use a handful of "approved" boat types - which precluded my Benny first.

Is it now open season? If so hurrah. At last someone has seen sense.

JimBrown

Visit site
Last time I looked at this you could only use a handful of "approved" boat types - which precluded my Benny first.

Is it now open season? If so hurrah. At last someone has seen sense.

You are confusing the Race with the Challenge.

One has the very restricted list of eligible boats, has a very expensive entry fees, some ridiculous restrictions and is already over subscribed with a long waiting list of people trying to enter.

The other is free and easy, no constraints, will probably organise lots of very affordable dinners, but I doubt will see more than one boat make it around, eventually.

co256

worldwidewaites.blogspot.com
You are confusing the Race with the Challenge.

One has the very restricted list of eligible boats, has a very expensive entry fees, some ridiculous restrictions and is already over subscribed with a long waiting list of people trying to enter.

The other is free and easy, no constraints, will probably organise lots of very affordable dinners, but I doubt will see more than one boat make it around, eventually.

Which one will you be attending... the affordable dinner or the "make it around"?

Gargleblaster

Visit site
Hopefully all the affordable dinners will NOT be at various ports on the way. I do know a very good affordable restaurant in Cape Town on the waterfront where a good sized Sirloin steak and chips and salad with two beers can all be bought for the equivalent of £9. I might have trouble sailing past that. Last time I was blown back when I was 60 miles from Cape Town however and it took me another ten days to get back in.