Ghost ship in our marina

No Regrets

Visit site
Not a close replica....:eek:

i saw a documentary about Donald and the Electron, very interesting and a bit sad tbh...

JumbleDuck

Visit site

Apart from "being a trimaran" it doesn't look very much like the original ... wrong number of masts, for a start!

5737985-large.jpg

mm42

Visit site
Deep water is compelling viewing, you can't help feel sorry for Crowhurst and can feel the pressure building, moreso in the book The Strange Last Voyage of Donald Crowhurst.

bitbaltic

sailingkarisma.wordpress.com
And complete with roller furling genoa! Very 1960s.

Here's another shot of the much more basic original. I wonder why they tarted up the design so much.

Apparently when it's not masquerading as Teignmouth Electron it's a private cruiser. Presumably will be again.

Marina confirmed today it is being used in the new film. Better keep SWMBO off the boat this weekend in case a dripping wet Colin Firth suddenly comes crawling up over the sugar scoop.

trapezeartist

www.littlehotels.co.uk
Apparently when it's not masquerading as Teignmouth Electron it's a private cruiser. Presumably will be again.

Marina confirmed today it is being used in the new film. Better keep SWMBO off the boat this weekend in case a dripping wet Colin Firth suddenly comes crawling up over the sugar scoop.

Yes, a private boat that has been given a light makeover to play the role of Teignmouth Electron. I crewed her for the first day of filming on Wednesday. Some people will be disappointed to know that Colin Firth (dripping wet or not) is not playing DC. The actor is Justin somebody.

D

Deleted member 36384

The thing is it will be an interpretation of the man and his endeavours and will not likely be trying to authentically replicate those endeavours in every detail. The interest, at least for me, is in how the man's psychology led to the tragedy: the business challenges, the need to prove his ideas, the tension to get ready for the deadline, the unfinished boat and finally the realisation that it was all too much cumulating in the lies and eventual breakdown. That is where the story is, not in the authenticity of the props that represent the original boat or equipment.; any reasonable similarity should be acceptable. If folks think its about the yacht looking exactly like the original, then I think they miss the point about what is interesting in this story. Colin Firth, can probably pull this off really well. All in my humble opinion, of course.