Getting real time river conditions on your phone

Rascal Joe

www.jeffmaynard.com
I have added to the list of Shortcuts available on any iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod) or Apple Watch.
You can install shortcuts for specific stretches of the river - for example, I am moored at Henly so have shortcuts for Marsh and Hambleden - if I launch the latter Siri will give me the current conditions from Marsh to Hambleden and from Hambleden to Hurley (the former gives my Shiplake to Marsh and Marsh to Hambleden).
For those of you travelling many stretches of the river, you can now instal a single shortcut called 'Check river conditions'. Launching this by tapping and Siri will ask you to type the desired lock name; if you launch by saying 'Hey Siri, check river conditions' , Siri will ask you to speak the desired lock name and will then speak the current conditions (if your lock name is not understood, Siri will ask you to type the name).
The full list of river Shortcuts with instructions on how to install, customs and use can be found on the River Thames Guide app support site - tap 'Tools' for Shortcuts and other stuff.
NOTE: Shortcuts can only be installed if the links are followed from an iOS device.

Given my enforced quarantine at home, now is a good time to suggest improvements or additions to the app and/or new shortcut ideas...