Getting a 2nd hand boat cooker to Portugal

billskip

Visit site
Another point - clearly people miss the ability to freely move goods back and forth from the EU to the UK without the hassle and red tape that has been the result of a certain event.
It's an excuse for a moan ....the EU being that much bigger than the UK so it stands to reason that the secondhand market must also be bigger...or are you suggesting it's only the British that are cheapskates that buy second hand? There is an ebay.es ... did you know that?

shan

Visit site
It's an excuse for a moan ....the EU being that much bigger than the UK so it stands to reason that the secondhand market must also be bigger...or are you suggesting it's only the British that are cheapskates that buy second hand? There is an ebay.es ... did you know that?
I don't buy things off eBay. No, it's not an excuse for a moan, it's clearly something that people used to do and now can't without great expense and red tape. Dismissing it because you don't like to hear about it won't make people stop talking about it.

billskip

Visit site
I don't buy things off eBay. No, it's not an excuse for a moan, it's clearly something that people used to do and now can't without great expense and red tape. Dismissing it because you don't like to hear about it won't make people stop talking about it.
I dont mind hearing about it, but as for dismissing it, well the forum rules and all that you know certainly means that it's time for you to let go.;)

TiggerToo

Visit site
They are certainly getting what they deserve... empty shelves, fuel shortages, labour shortages, dysfunctional government ..... or is that the sign of the UK economy pulling ahead of the EU laggards?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
we are supplying entertainment for all and sundry. FOC

shan

Visit site
we are supplying entertainment for all and sundry. FOC
Our mail had been delivered to the French chap up the road from us by mistake. He very kindly brought it over to us (this is the first time we have met him) and within 5 minutes of meeting him he had asked what the hell is wrong with Britain? He also had some choice things to say about BJ. So embarrassing being tarred with that brush.

TiggerToo

Visit site
Our mail had been delivered to the French chap up the road from us by mistake. He very kindly brought it over to us (this is the first time we have met him) and within 5 minutes of meeting him he had asked what the hell is wrong with Britain? He also had some choice things to say about BJ. So embarrassing being tarred with that brush.
sorry, but we have to bear this cross...

Others have had to put up with this in the past. Germans, Italians, Japanese, USAmericans...

Kelpie

Visit site
Never would...I feel just as disgruntled about the rules, especially as all the predictions have come to nothing and it cant be discussed...
Absolutely, it's not as if Sterling fell in value, we suffered labour shortages, red tape increased, exports hit trade barriers, EU nationals lawfully living in this country found themselves unable to secure employment or accommodation due to lack of certainty over their status, or that us yachties lost our freedom of movement in Schengen. I mean, what is everybody complaining about??

billskip

Visit site
Absolutely, it's not as if Sterling fell in value, we suffered labour shortages, red tape increased, exports hit trade barriers, EU nationals lawfully living in this country found themselves unable to secure employment or accommodation due to lack of certainty over their status, or that us yachties lost our freedom of movement in Schengen. I mean, what is everybody complaining about??
I didn't notice any of that, what I have noticed is the quality of fruit is not so good as in UK...

billskip

Visit site
Now that is laughable. Fruit and veg in Portugal actually has flavour. Same applies to Germany, the Netherlands and Spain and yes I can comment on them because I travel regularly through them.
Funny you should say that, I am not the only one who has commented, others here have also our visitors, in fact a chef that has an up class restaurant in Italy visited us for a few days and said he always says that's probably from Spain when quality is down.

You must be easily satisfied......

shan

Visit site
Funny you should say that, I am not the only one who has commented, others here have also our visitors, in fact a chef that has an up class restaurant in Italy visited us for a few days and said he always says that's probably from Spain when quality is down.

You must be easily satisfied......
...or perhaps you haven't a clue about flavour as you are so used to perfect looking fruit and veg that taste of nothing?:cool:

billskip

Visit site
...or perhaps you haven't a clue about flavour as you are so used to perfect looking fruit and veg that taste of nothing?:cool:
Well I do agree I'm not a connoisseur, but I do know when tangerines are dry and taste of pith,

shan

Visit site
Well I do agree I'm not a connoisseur, but I do know when tangerines are dry and taste of pith,
I think most people do. In fact, I grow them, so, I think I have a pretty good idea of what they should taste like.

PS Last time I checked, tangerines were not grown commercially in the UK.

Seastoke

Visit site
I think most people do. In fact, I grow them, so, I think I have a pretty good idea of what they should taste like.

PS Last time I checked, tangerines were not grown commercially in the UK.
Still an angry person , who want the benefits of UK but want to live somewhere else , get real .

Seastoke

Visit site
God move on , I can't discuss things as this is political it was all about the UK and we got what we voted for , if you leave live by the terms where u live , this is my last post happy sailing.