Gelignite 35 foot aluminium yacht whereabouts

Pangus

Visit site
hi - I am trying to locate the current whereabouts of the 35 foot yacht "Gelignite". Original identifications included "M.H.Y.C 352" and "JP366N".

An image of this yacht is here:
Gelignite, a 35 ft aluminium yacht, with crew squad leader Evan...

...and a TV article from the TV show "beyond 2000" is here:

I am trying to track down the current location and owner, to see if we would be able to arrange for my partner to visit, as her dad was the talented boilermaker and welder who was handpicked to lead the build of this somewhat revolutionary boat. It was only recently we discoverd the role he played, and so it would be a great thrill for my partner to see this work her father did, all those years ago.
Thanks for your help.
Phil

Attachments

• Gelignite.jpg
    Gelignite.jpg
    748.5 KB · Views: 29

Benten

Visit site
Hi Pangus,
Gelignite has been moored at Church Point in Pittwater NSW Australia for some time. It has been bought by some young people and I happened to meet one of them this week. They have the boat on a mooring at Palm Beach currently and are planning to cruise north to Queensland in the next two weeks.
I googled the boat name to see who was the designer and so came across your post. I hope you can get to see the boat before they go.

Pangus

Visit site
Hi Pangus,
Gelignite has been moored at Church Point in Pittwater NSW Australia for some time. It has been bought by some young people and I happened to meet one of them this week. They have the boat on a mooring at Palm Beach currently and are planning to cruise north to Queensland in the next two weeks.
I googled the boat name to see who was the designer and so came across your post. I hope you can get to see the boat before they go.

Thanks Benten - if you had the contact details for the buyers cruising up to Queensland, that you could pass on, that would be great. Would love to catch up with them when they get to Brisbane. We can even put them up for a couple of nights if they are lacking land based accommodation!!
Cheers
Phil

Benten

Visit site
I met one of the owners a very nice young man from Argentina. They are new to sailing. I gave him my business card but they may not make contact. I will drop a letter on board Gelignite which shouldn’t be too hard to find and hopefully they will get in touch.
Regards
Rick

Lucina

Visit site
hi - I am trying to locate the current whereabouts of the 35 foot yacht "Gelignite". Original identifications included "M.H.Y.C 352" and "JP366N".

An image of this yacht is here:
Gelignite, a 35 ft aluminium yacht, with crew squad leader Evan...

...and a TV article from the TV show "beyond 2000" is here:

I am trying to track down the current location and owner, to see if we would be able to arrange for my partner to visit, as her dad was the talented boilermaker and welder who was handpicked to lead the build of this somewhat revolutionary boat. It was only recently we discoverd the role he played, and so it would be a great thrill for my partner to see this work her father did, all those years ago.
Thanks for your help.
Phil
Hi Phil,

Gelignite is on a public mooring today next to us in Cowan creek near Pittwater. It is a Ben lexen design. 35 feet. It has an old rpayc lettering on it. Try and contact the club.

Neeves

Visit site
Lucina,

Welcome to the Forum.

I can hardly claim to be following the thread as it is only 6 posts long - but as we are just round the corner (off Avalon Sailing Club on Clareville beach) it is pleasant to have something less Northern hemisphere centric.

Take care, stay safe

Jonathan

Lucina

Visit site
Lucina,

Welcome to the Forum.

I can hardly claim to be following the thread as it is only 6 posts long - but as we are just round the corner (off Avalon Sailing Club on Clareville beach) it is pleasant to have something less Northern hemisphere centric.

Take care, stay safe

Jonathan
We are normally moored in careel bay…